DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a black R/T with 9,000 miles on it for 26,995. Comes with leather, ally wheels, DVD, blah, blah.

Question I have, is what kind of mileage can I expect if I drive it like a saint?

What's the mileage like if I raw hide it?

Any problem areas, recalls, etc I should get checked out?

thanks

edit: will it seat 5 comfortably?

·
Registered
98 Posts
In town expect 15-18 mpg depending on your driving and traffic. In highway mode you can get 20-22 mpg, on level ground. You'll get a hundred people telling you they get 30 MPG or some such nonsense, believe me, it ain't happening!

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that's about what I figured.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wagonmaster is right on. Depending on your commute (ie: right onto the highway, level trip, etc) you might squeeze 1-2 more on the lower and 2-3 on the upper end if you drive like a Prius. But don't kid yourself, the car is a blast. You're going to HIT it a lot. The car gets amazing hgwy mileage, but kicking it around locally will lower the number dramatically.

Ditto about comparing claims. Patrick Bedard had an amusing article in Car & Driver a few months ago about people talking about mileage with their cars. They are mostly clueless about the proper way to calibrate and measure for a true reading and how to minimize the affect of many variables. People assume precision and accuracy are the same thing, they are not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wagonmaster said:
In town expect 15-18 mpg depending on your driving and traffic. In highway mode you can get 20-22 mpg, on level ground. You'll get a hundred people telling you they get 30 MPG or some such nonsense, believe me, it ain't happening!
Wow! I would love to see 15~18 in town in my 06 R/T-- I really think I am 'featherfooting' and I only see 12.4 in town..

Granted that the distance travelled is only 7 miles each way and it's several traffic lights along the way but I thought I would at least see the 15.. No luck!

I did see 23 MPG on a long straight 300 mile trip..

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ended up getting an 06 Hemi Durango 4x4 Limited.
Pretty nice, for the wife. Got every option except navigation and sunroof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.