DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a truck again and thought I'd share this one with you all for your opinions. As you can see in my sig, I've owned a 2004 1500. I really like the rams, but am unsure about the 125k miles on this one. I sold mine with 100k and I honestly could have taken it for another 100k easy.

For you 06 owners, how is your truck holding up? Should I be leary of the truck with 125k on it? Any other issues I should be aware of?

I'm hoping to go look at it this evening or tomorrow after work.

Thanks! :rck:

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

·
Registered
461 Posts
I bought my 06 Nov 2010 with 122k miles on it and it currently has 136k. I was a little leery too but the truck drove great and I got a 2yr, 24k mile drivetrain and suspension warrenty with it. A week after i bought it the heater blend doors broke and the dealer fixed it but I had to pay 20%. The tach stopped working accurately about a year ago which is common to the 06's. I had it in for some warrenty work a few months ago but it was mainly general wear items (struts, leaking rack&pinion, and a leaking rear seal). Other than that I have not babied the truck at all and, knock on wood, its treated me as good as any 50k mile vehicle would.
For what its worth, before the extended warrenty, taxes, and my trade were figured in I got the truck for $12k.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my 06 Nov 2010 with 122k miles on it and it currently has 136k. I was a little leery too but the truck drove great and I got a 2yr, 24k mile drivetrain and suspension warrenty with it. A week after i bought it the heater blend doors broke and the dealer fixed it but I had to pay 20%. The tach stopped working accurately about a year ago which is common to the 06's. I had it in for some warrenty work a few months ago but it was mainly general wear items (struts, leaking rack&pinion, and a leaking rear seal). Other than that I have not babied the truck at all and, knock on wood, its treated me as good as any 50k mile vehicle would.
For what its worth, before the extended warrenty, taxes, and my trade were figured in I got the truck for $12k.
I appreciate the response. I am a little leery about buying something with such high miles because I know I will be putting more on it for work. I know my 04 had higher mileage when I sold it but it still ran great.

$12k is a great price. I am hoping to talk them down but not sure how low they will go. I guess there's only one way to see ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think I got lucky that it was right after thanksgiving and the dealer was trying to make sales before the end of the year.

See if they offer any kind of extended warrenty. I paid $1900 for the warrenty, but when I used it there was $1400 worth of work done, so if I use it again its paid for itself.

Something else I noticed about the truck is the passenger rear door looks different. The ad says NO accidents on carfax, but I don't know if the whole door is different or if it only looks that way because the door spear is different (darker) on that door.
Other than that and the rear bumper being a little banged up it looks like a nice clean truck with a few minor mods already done.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Looks really nice for a truck with 125k, what are they asking for it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would keep looking for that price. I just sold my 05 Hemi with 74K on it for $15,900 and it was in better shape than that truck.

With 125k on it I wouldn't pay more than $12k.

·
Registered
212 Posts
04Red4x4:

I too live in the KC area, and I know what trucks go for around here. I just bought my 06 1500 Big Horn Edition QuadCab 4x4 for right in the ball park of the price they are asking for the one in your link. Mine came with factory 20" wheels, brand new (zero miles on them) Nitto Terra Grappler tires, Flowmaster dual exhaust, tinted windows, stainless nerf bars, and a Line X spray in bedliner. It too has the 5.7 HEMI motor. It also had about 36K less miles on it, and my price included a very good extended warranty that covers just about everything (parts and labor).

Unless that dealer is willing to negotiate on price, I too would keep looking. It's a nice truck, but I think you could do better here in the KC area.

For pics of my truck, you can find a couple in a thread I posted to this website just yesterday. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
04Red4x4:

I too live in the KC area, and I know what trucks go for around here. I just bought my 06 1500 Big Horn Edition QuadCab 4x4 for right in the ball park of the price they are asking for the one in your link. Mine came with factory 20" wheels, brand new (zero miles on them) Nitto Terra Grappler tires, Flowmaster dual exhaust, tinted windows, stainless nerf bars, and a Line X spray in bedliner. It too has the 5.7 HEMI motor. It also had about 36K less miles on it, and my price included a very good extended warranty that covers just about everything (parts and labor).

Unless that dealer is willing to negotiate on price, I too would keep looking. It's a nice truck, but I think you could do better here in the KC area.

For pics of my truck, you can find a couple in a thread I posted to this website just yesterday. Good luck in your search.
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the truck at?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Little place called Show Me Auto Mall in Harrisonville. They are a small operation, but they were a pleasure to do business with. No nonsense, fair pricing, knowledgable staff. Also... They deal mostly in lightly used trucks rather than cars. Currently I dunno what they have in the way of Ram's, but I want to say I saw at least one mineral gray megacab there, and maybe a white Cummins 2500 when I drove by this evening.

I have no dog in the fight, and am not trying to be a salesman for the place. But... I'd definately say they are worth a look before you throw down your hard earned cash.

As a side note... They will show you the carfax.

·
2005 Hemi Ram
1,435 Posts
I personalyy would not unless they came down on the price by a couple grand. The reason i say this is that at least around me, dodge trucks with that milage go for around 12-13 grand at the highest. If you pay a couple thounsand more, you probably can find one with half the milage and same options. I got my 05 2 years ago with 58k for 17k.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little place called Show Me Auto Mall in Harrisonville. They are a small operation, but they were a pleasure to do business with. No nonsense, fair pricing, knowledgable staff. Also... They deal mostly in lightly used trucks rather than cars. Currently I dunno what they have in the way of Ram's, but I want to say I saw at least one mineral gray megacab there, and maybe a white Cummins 2500 when I drove by this evening.

I have no dog in the fight, and am not trying to be a salesman for the place. But... I'd definately say they are worth a look before you throw down your hard earned cash.

As a side note... They will show you the carfax.
Thanks man, I'll give them a look.

I personalyy would not unless they came down on the price by a couple grand. The reason i say this is that at least around me, dodge trucks with that milage go for around 12-13 grand at the highest. If you pay a couple thounsand more, you probably can find one with half the milage and same options. I got my 05 2 years ago with 58k for 17k.
That's what I'm thinking... If I hold out a little while longer I can probably find one with half the mileage for a similar price.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
That truck is definitely running wheel spacers if it has 12.5" tires on factory 20's so be weery of that too because that causes suspension wear faster too

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Im confused how they say no accidents and the rear bumper is dented up SOOOO bad.

And its a decent price for the trucks I have seen PRICED for around here. I am not sure what they sell for, but price is ball park with many trucks. But I haven't looked at truck prices in a while either tho....

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
i have a 2006 mega cab hemi 4x4 with 166k on it.

got it for 9200 :) so i didnt question it at all..

so far its running great, putting a 6.1 in it with ported heads soon just for fun.. more pulling power

·
2005 Hemi Ram
1,435 Posts
Thats about a 1000-1500 overpriced in my opinion fro prices around me. The downside i see is no limited slip rear diff, and it has 3.55 gears.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats about a 1000-1500 overpriced in my opinion fro prices around me. The downside i see is no limited slip rear diff, and it has 3.55 gears.
Nice catch on that! I did not notice that when first looking at it... I'd really like the to have the 3.92 gears and limited slip like the 04 I had previously.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.