DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently look at getting a CTD but I am not sure if it will work as my daily driver. I am only about 7-10km drive to my work and temps here reach anywhere from +30 cel to -30 cel , i am worried about cold starts in the winter and the truck not having enough time to heat up. On my days off and the weekend I am usualy putting on about 300+ km a trip to go dirtbiking and sledding. In the summer ever other weekend I will be towing my enclosed bike trailer to races. I wanna know is the CTD going to be ok in the cold winters here and with the short drive to work or should I look at gettting the HEMI? Keep in mind this will be my daily driver too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ok, well -30 C, equals about -22 F... So cold wont be a factor for a CTD. There a many CTD owners here who live in colder climates than that. My recommendation is just use the block heater cord on a daily basis. If you get a "HEMI" then you will just want to get a CTD down the road which means you will be wasting your money down the road. Plus a CTD holds it value like you wouldn't believe. I use my CTD as a daily driver, but I put about 70 miles a day round trip. For you 7-10 km should be just enough for your truck to heat up, it you use the block heater. Im sure you will get alot more replies on this... Also keep in mind that the new model CTD's are rated to start down to -20 degrees unaided.

Carlos J.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'll be fine. I traded my gasser for a CTD and have never looked back and I too have a very short commute to work, less than 1 mile. You just need to let it warm up a little before driving. If you want to save a little on fuel (more on electric though) put on an oil pan and tranny pan heater. I also have 2 battery pad heaters for mine. But it get's a good bit colder than -20 here in interior AK. I used to live in Grand Forks not too far from you. I don't remember if the diesel guys had more than just the factory heater or not. Hope that help's you. Just get it, you'll love it.......

·
Registered
576 Posts
I love my straght six and all, but in all seriousness, you might be better off with a 4 banger yota...... :buttkick:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ouch.....kinda hard to pull the house on wheels down the road with a rice burner pickup. I think I'll stick to my oil burner. I am thinking about a little beater car for the 1/2 mile commute to work though, in the summer I just walk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.