DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at 2008 Avenger, Input Needed

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mr.coon 
#1 ·
i want to get my wife a car for valentines day. she really likes the looks of the avenger and there is a silver one at my local dodge dealer. So, can some of you avenger aficionados out there give me your likes and dislikes about the car? What mpg are you getting in town or on the highway?

I have already read about the pink thing in the shifter breaking. i am cool with that. i am going to get the dealer to change it out if i decide to buy the car. i plan on using that issue as a bargaining tool.

#2 ·
The shifter has a recall on it so the dealer should take care of that before you drive off the lot.

I have a 2008 2.4 Avenger, the more I drive the car the more I like it. I am not a big fan of front wheel drive cars as they tend to be hard to work on, but my avenger is good on gas, looks good and rides good.
The avenger is a good choice if you are looking for performance in these areas, the 2.4 is no race engine, but it has no problems with power for everyday driving and still has plenty of room for up to 5 people.
I cant count the times people have asked me how I like the Avenger when they see it.

#3 ·
i bought it today. it is a sweet little rig. it has the 2.4 and has quite a bit of pep for such a small motor. it is an 2008 sxt with just about all of the bells and whistle's. the steering is tight and it corners well. it looks really good too. the wife is happy and that is what is most important.

#5 · (Edited)
Mr ****, I think you'll like it. We like my wife's car. I did a review of it of sorts in the "Who's got a new 2008 Avenger thread." We get mid 20s in town, low 30s on the highway, with a all-time best of 36.9 driving across Utah and Nevada.

[edit] whoops, the thread isn't even here now!

#6 ·
well, so far i am really satisfied with the car. i am getting 26 to 27 mpg on average for a whole tank with 60% highway and 40% city. on the highway i know i am getting 30+. the car was supposedly getting 35mpg on the interstate when they drove it in to my local dealer from houston. i have gotten tons of compliments on the car too. most people around my area have never seen one. they can't get over how roomy it is too. this little car sure seem to be a winner. with its size and fuel economy i don't see how it isn't more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.