DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if slammed 1 cant help me out maybe one of you guys can. after much thought ive decided to lower my 4x4 instead of lift it i like the performance and handeling better then the offroad and i got other toys for that any way. but to the point i turned my t-bars down just to see what it would look like and i like it sits about 36 3/8" in the center of the fenders on the front but the back is 39 1/2 after installing lowering shackels. i want to go a little diffrent on my lowering then what the regular kits comes with. and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is close to being level after installed. first off i want to go with the regular front lowering spindles or how ever they do the front but instead of flip kit id like to go with lowering springs and air assist in the rear. with a set of sway bars and t-bars. could anyone tell me how this would set after installing.

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
I Need Him Too, So He Can Lower My 09 Ram And My Friends 09 Ram Too..

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Whats the reason for not wanting to do a flip kit? The flip kit will drive like stock and allow more adjustability out back than the leafsprings do. With the drop leafs, ya pretty much get what ya get. I've had both (drop leafs and changed it to a flip kit) and the flip kit is MUCH more user friendly. I assume by TB you mean tractio bars out back? Decide how you are going to lower it out back for sure before you buy them because they are specific to the type of drop you use.

If you're set on using the leafs, you get SOME adjustability up front via the torsion bars but once you put on the 2" spindles you gotta be careful not to goo too much so you dont bind, thats no go and a good way to blow out your axles.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
OR he's tired of giving free advice & people not purchasing from him...
I think that's most of it. When I was at his house he was saying how he goes out of his way to give free advice and answer a million questions for people but when he needed something all he got was crickets in the background. I think a lot of people took advantage of him and weren't willing to return the favor. :teacher:

·
Living in my own world
449 Posts
nevermind

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont see why people would buy from anyone else. Slammed1 has the best prices I have ever found on his drop kits. I finally got the money to do the drop but now he isnt selling anymore. Personally I have decided to hold off on doing the drop kit until he decided to start selling again thats how good his prices are!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well im not hear to take advantage of anyone iev ordered from moes, and shardon both in the past and have just recently gottin board with my truck and looking to do somethign diffrent with it. i was originaly goin to lift it and then i rode in a 03 with a lift and really didnt like it and lifted it would really serve no purpose for me to nice of a truck to take offroad so then id have a huge ill handeling truck that just looked good in the driveway.
about the flip kit i really just dont like them dotn really have a good reason as to why i just wanted the leafs if i want it higher then what the leafs lower it i can put my factory spring shackles back on it or longer ones for that matter. i may not ever lower the front anymore then it is if the springs level it out if i can get up with someone who will put the kit together the way i want it i most likely will be getting it when my taxs come in so who can i get in touch with that will put the kit together with the spindles in front leafs in the rear and all 4 shocks.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
Ive asked him a bunch of questions in the past but i sent a bunch of money to him also... He was a cool guy, hope he's doing well!

And sorry for the hijack, I dont kow about drop kits, but I plan on having a 2500 diesel 4x4 one day that I want a 2/4 drop on so I will be visiting this thread in the future ;)

-David

·
Banned
756 Posts
yeah i know how that is same thing happened to me in my business espically right now with the poor econmy!! im in construction and minee was more installing and supplying the material and then when it was time to be paid all i got was next week next week which tunred to months and dissconnected cell phones!! and im still chasing about 8 more grand from 2 sorry SOBs!!! guess were on our own on lifts!! looks like ill either pay 1 grand for a ground force OR get nothing!!

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
yea i guess he has to get his personal and work life in order i bought my drop kit from him Great guy i need the drop shocks so my GF can get them for me for v day :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.