DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone...i posted this a long time ago and my dad copped out when it came down to buying...and i cant find the old thread...

i need an exhaust for a 2004 4x4 short bed single cab HEMI,
normaly this would be easy...id go grab a gibson and get it over with BUT this isnt my truck...

my dad has very bad ears...he has 2 hearing aids and droning exhausts drive him nuts...he is looking for an exhaust that has a louder sound under acceleration and idle but will NOT drone when cruising...

can u guys gimme some recomendations?

also i heard that if u get dual exhaust that u have to drop the spare tire? is this true? and is there a system where this can be avoided if it is?

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
most if not all aftermarket ext systems will give out some drone just cut off the res on your stock system

·
Registered
406 Posts
My exhaust cost $110.00. I Straightened the pipe off the converter, straight into a Magnaflow, then dumped it right after the muff, before the axle under the truck. The only reason it wasn't $60.00 is because I had originally purchased a stainless steel tip and welded in on the dump because I didn't want to waste it. You can only see it, though, if I run you over! I dyno'd 291.2hp and 330 tq, so it didn't hurt anything and it's not obnoxiously loud!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i mentioned gibson to my dad just to c if i got lucky...he said he would consider a stock exit exhaust from them...the problem is i just need to find out how loud the drone is and where it is in the RPM band...this system they said was quieter in cabin which is what he was looking for...

this is the part number for the one i was tellin him about... anyone know anything about it? (got it from summitracing.com)

GIB-616595

·
Registered
130 Posts
get a full boar muffler, had it before my at 30-30 and there was no drone at all even without the resonator. its quiet at idle and agressive at accelleration

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool...thanks for all the advice guys...if u have any more please dont be shy...

hes out in Virginia now picking up my brother from Va Tech(we live in jersey)...ill post his final desicion when he does indeed make it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
94RT/10HEMI04 said:
ok cool...thanks for all the advice guys...if u have any more please dont be shy...

hes out in Virginia now picking up my brother from Va Tech(we live in jersey)...ill post his final desicion when he does indeed make it...
I'm in PA and selling a Magnaflow 12289 as soon as I get it off the truck. it's too quiet for me. Search for Magnaflow 12289 on this board and you'll find a ton of people's comments on the sound, volume level, etc. BillyBob also has a soundclip of it in his gallery. It had a really nice tone but, low volume when I first installed it and the stock resonator was on. It didn't drone at all with the stock resonator on but, once I took that off, there is a little, little bit of drone at 2k rpm's and that's only under heavy throttle. If you're cruising normally, you don't notice it much at all.

I've only had it on for 4 weeks now and should have it off this weekend or next. My cutout was backordered and should be here tomorrow or Monday. PM me if you're interested....

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.