DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.......I wan't happy with my Lund Tri-Fold (the edges looked goofy, it was jacking up my paint on my tailgate........and it didn't fit as flush as I wanted it to) - so I sold it today on Craigslist!

Now, I need to get another one. I am thinking bakflip, but I am open to lots of ideas. I want a hard cover, folding or retractable. No fiberglass full tilting cover.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan, how much did you get yours for? and does it fit flush? how's the seal against the spoiler?

do you have any pics of it?

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,426 Posts
i got mine used for 500 i think it was
yes it fits flush, is low profile seals right up to the spoiler. i have 1 pic in my gallery but nothing really detailed

·
Registered
826 Posts
Why not the retractable jack rabbit one from pace edwards? It was a little out of my price range but its what I really wanted.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
You might want to look at TruXedo's web site. I just got the TruXport, it is there cheep one. It goes over the rails and covers the steak holes. I dont have it on yet, will tomorrow. I'll get pics. $240 at Moes.

They also have another nice one called the LoPro. Very nice and goes on the side of the rails. $350 at moe's.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I've read somewhere that Jack Rabbit may not be water tight compare to others, such as hard tonneau.

Many seem to be happy with Bakflip, which I would go with IF I have money for it.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Get the bakflip. I almost got one before I went with the shell. Butch has one and it looks great. Super sturdy too! And talk about low profile, it sets the standard.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the truxedo truxport is very nice. rolls up with one person nice and tight, no bows to worry about.....good "on the go" cover. i had a mopar cover but it was a total PITA. there was times i needed my bed, but i honestly didn't want to waste the time to get it rolled up and piss around with the bows. all these issues are gone with my new one.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bakflip seems to be the going option right now.

Will look into that fold-a-cover.

The truxedo is a soft cover, don't want another one of those. Thx for the thought though.

·
Buckeye Big Horn
253 Posts
I luv my bakflip II. Sits nice and low. I'm not sure if my metal frame got tweaked during shipping, but it doesn't sit perfectly straight with my bed, but it works great. Locks up against rear glass when I put the quad in the back of the truck. You can't go wrong with a Bakflip.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts

·
member of the EH team
1,125 Posts
I've read somewhere that Jack Rabbit may not be water tight compare to others, such as hard tonneau.

Many seem to be happy with Bakflip, which I would go with IF I have money for it.
I have the Jack Rabbit and I can tell you first hand it is not water tight.

Great cover but sucks in the car wash

·
Registered
515 Posts
My buddy has a bakflip on his Titan and he loves it. I would like to have one but they are a little to much $$$ for me and I had read some reviews that people said they rattled, but he said his doesn't.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I keep coming back to the Bakflip........but yeah, the $$$ is the fun part. Starting to ask myself if I really need it!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.