DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of a metallic clinking noise that I was getting from inside the drivers door of my Ram. It's been there since the day I picked the truck up, just of course didn't really notice it until I had the truck home already.

The door panels on the 09's are really easy to take off. Inside there is a second inner panel that the window regulator assembly attaches too. I had to fish down through a rubber doored access hole and pulled this out.

I magnetized a small instrument screwdriver to fish it our of the bottom of the door where it was rattling between the inner and outer door skin. Doesn't look like it has ever been screwed into anything as even the threads still have the original coating on them. Not to mention I don't think they use any screw that is that coarse of thread on the door panel. So did someone toss this in there on the assembly line to be a prick? Who knows. I know some older techs at dealers that used to find 1/2 empty bottles of rye inside of doors on cars so it's not a stretch. Maybe it fell out of something in the regulator assemlby but it must not be too important as the window works just fine. At least my door rattle is gone.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
i bought a new d100 1977 ram. it had a pair of cotten gloves between the frame and bed with rivet right in the middle of the gloves.

·
Registered
124 Posts
LOL that is crazy!!! I wish I can find diamonds or just cash like if someone hid them...

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
funny ^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.