DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my magnum in for the TSB on windshield popping and this was for sale for only $45K. The shaker hood is functional. The dealership also lowered the vehicle. I tried to get a photo of the second sticker showing the add on price for the "Custom Wheels,Tires, Shaker Hood, & Lowering kit", but there was too much glare on the tinted window. I guess if dealers are modifying cars before they are sold, then they must still be honoring the warranty coverage on the systems that have been modified. Also note that they have relocated the Hemi badge to the shaker air intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
wow. thats some heavy modifying. What happens if no one is interested???? Hey that is a good question concerning the warranty. Anyone has an answer?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Someone at that dealership is visiting these forums :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
$10K oversticker for THAT? I don't think so, I've got to believe that you can still get it for sticker if you push hard enough. It is an '05 right?

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you add up the hood, paint, suspension, wheels and tires and a warranty on all of that then 10k isnt too bad. I bet there is wiggle room on the msrp still so it would probably go for under $40k if i had to guess.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an '05 & the MSRP was just over 35k. Your not going to get a Magnum w/ 20" aftermarket wheels, shaker hood and Eibach springs installed at DC MSRP. I would guess the dealer has 5-6K invested with parts, paint, and installation of everything since it was sent out for this work. They were all over my RK sport hood and didn't want to order one until they could see it up close. I guess they will be installing that on the next one. This dealership has been adding wheel packages for months to their Magnums and those Magnums last about 2-3 weeks on the lot. Somebody will love that RT and it will sell. I don't care for the wheels too much though, just not my style.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I got my truck with close to 15k in upgrades from my dealer at 4k under MSRP. Course it had been sitting on the lot for 3 months with only 8 miles on it :) You just have to be a good talker is all. MSRP on my truck was 32k, upgrades had it at 47k sticker, I paid 28k. I was happy when I left the lot but they didn't seem to be :) Just never fool yourself into thinking you "took" them, they still nailed my arse, I just don't know how is all. They won't loose money, I just don't think they actually made any on mine is all.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
flhthemi said:
Someone at that dealership is visiting these forums :)
And they're smart for doing so!

:tup: VERY cool car!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Exactly, invest some time into finding out what your customers actually want in there vehicles. If they really are coming up here than bravo!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Dan, was it aftermarket Mopar stuff on your truck? Obviously the dealer has more room to wiggle on items they can get directly from DC. None of the items on this Magnum are from Mopar. They only bought the one shaker hood so who knows how close to list they paid. The wheels, tires, and springs came from/and were installed by Evergreen tires in Tacoma. They probably gave them a discount, but Evergreen still needs to make a profit and pay the bills. I was pretty happy getting my RT at invoice, after reading your truck deal how about next time I need a new car maybe you can fly up to Seattle and give me a hand, thanks! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes, all my my upgrades were DC. What they did was convert my truck into an SRT-10 without the internal leatherwork mods and the Viper engine. I have everything from the hood, rims and wheels to the brakes, exhaust, etc. It really was quite sweet but as I was kind enough to point out is the one flaw in their theory. My in the hell would I ever spend 47k on my truck when I could just spend 50k on an SRT-10, even 55k for that matter. It just doesn't make any freaking sense to me. It your payments are already that high, or you already happen to have 47k in cash, why wouldn't you go all the way? So after a nice lengthy talk with the owner of the dealership he saw it my way, he could have just as easily told me to go fly a kite, either way didn't matter to me and I think it showed. Yes, they have us over a barrel because they know how bad we want it and they play it up the hole time but always remember there is another dealer, another offer and another day right around the corner. Never let yourself get screwed because of "want". I have been in business since I was 15 though so I guess I never learned any other way.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If they have $5k in upgrades then I am quite sure that an offer at MSRP would be accepted. I bought mine at $4k under MSRP and they were happy to sell it at that. The salesman only went "back to the manager" once so I'm quite sure they would have moved more. It just means I offered to pay too much.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the dealer install the Mopar/Borla 112 system on my RT before I picked it up . They did it for 1,000. Not a bad way to go, because the dealer will warranty it...

·
Registered
679 Posts
and finace it.
I had 20s put on mine and added DVDplayers/LCD screens in the headrests.
HEck for 7 bucks a month difference that's pretty cool. Shoulda had em put the rest of the stuff in and just finaced the $50k+ I have in it now.
Not thet they don't overcharge. Of course they do. And the very point of all of this is th enjoyment of modding. Theere are some stuff that otta be added by them and some stuff left to the labors of love.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I dunno... I personally think it'd look better with the shaler painted to match the body color.

The wheels... the design is ok, but I'm not a fan of directionals like that because the two sides don't match

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
I have seen dealerships do this before on rams, and the outcome was not that good, AKA daytona rip off's - but that magnum looks sweet - minus the wheels :tdwn: and price for it!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.