DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in all these packages? I've got a Big Horn, so what does the Lone Star have that mine doesn't (or vice versa)? :confused:

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
i think the lonestar and bighorn are the same.. thought lonestar's were for Texas and Bighorn's are Oklahoma.. does your truck have 20's, 3.92, bright chrome grille, color side moldings, satelite radio??? thats the lonestar pkg..

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the 3.92's but it has all else. I'll check the gears when I put on my 2/4 drop kit.

I see a lot of Big Horns down here in Houston, so I don't think its an Okie thing. I also have chrome nerf bars, gas cap lid and exhaust tip, but I think that was a separate package.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My dealer told me the big horn and lone star are the same packages. Lone Star was sold in texas. Big horn sold pretty much every where else.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Check on the door to see if yours were factory 20" wheels as they came with the 3.92 rear. Probably the only difference is one says "Lone Star" & the other "Big Horn".

Martin

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the Big Horn, Lone Star and Thunder Road are all the same? There was a local used car outfit telling me the Thunder Road was 20-30 HP more. Glad I didn't buy into their line, got a 2006 for $1,800 less than they wanted for their 2003 Thunder Road. If the only difference is badges, I took those off anyway.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
The Lone Star and Big Horn packages -- as well as the Thunder Road at least as recently as '05 -- are the same thing.

Both packges currently consist of 20-inch aluminum wheels, 3.92 rear end, rear sliding window, bodyside mouldings, fog lights, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and Sirius Satellite Radio.

The Big Horn package trucks that are available in the Houston area were not intended to be shipped to TX, but Chrysler sometimes sends them here when the "Lone Star" trucks are not available, or when they've built too many or not enough of one or the other.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha.

I guess since I'm debadging mine (as soon as my fingers heal I'll finish) I don't care. I'll just tell people is a SuperHemi (haven't you heard of 'em, they're a limited edition with 600+ HP).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.