DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 05' Ram 1500 SLT Thunderroad this week.My problem is I get home from work at 12 midnight when I lock the doors with my remote the horn is really loud(i hate to disturb the neighbors ).When I tried to just push the button down to lock it and closed the door the dome light stays on.Can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
put the key in the ignition and turn it to on, dont start it. Hold both unlock and lock for about 10 seconds and you should hear a chime. This will make it so it wont honk.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe you hold both lock and unlock on the keypad.

EDIT: if that doesnt work (should) but if it doesnt let me know ill research it for you.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
You hold the lock for a few seconds (5-8) then hit the unlock at the same time. Once you hear the electronic chime then release the buttons.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
PS, its in the owners manual as well as the ability to lock and unlock the doors all at the same time or driver first..

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Moonstruck said:
I just bought a 05' Ram 1500 SLT Thunderroad this week.My problem is I get home from work at 12 midnight when I lock the doors with my remote the horn is really loud(i hate to disturb the neighbors ).When I tried to just push the button down to lock it and closed the door the dome light stays on.Can anyone help?

Thanks
To disable horn chirp.

1. Get in close all doors

2. Fasten seat belt

3. Turn on ignition but do not start

4. Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the lock button still depressed, press the UNLOCK button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons.

5. Turn ignition off.

6. Turn the ignition ON or wait 60 seconds.

7. Test the horn chirp feature by pressing the lock button.

8. Repeat to reinable.

I didn't know this was in the owners manual. I got this from the service manual as I needed to program an extra remote.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Use your key to lock the door, it will also arm the factory alarm as well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you dont have the grey key you dont have the alarm (sentry key) right? I put a Viper 1600 on my truck with the autostart and it is awesome. With the Texas heat I start the truck a few minutes before I go out to it, not enough to cool it off but it does soften the 115 degree hit I used to take...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to thank everybody for your help.For now I'll just lock it with the key(I checked it out and the dome light stays on for only 20 or so seconds)until I get time to disable it.Thanks again for taking time out to help me.

Dodge rules and so do "Employee discounts/Rebates". :rck:

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Will any of these tricks make it so that the back doors unlock when you open one of the front doors? For whatever reason, the back doors do not unlock unless they were opened before you started up the vehicle. I find this feature very annoying. Also, they will not unlock when the front passenger opens up their door first.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Wehn I use the key to unlock the truck, I turn it to unlock twice and it unlocks the rear doors as well.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Does the same when you push the keypad 2 or 3 times. I just wish it would unlock the rear doors when you open the drivers or passenger doors. Dont know how many people that pisses off when they ride with me.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
You can set it to unlock all door if the drivers door is opened first. This is how its setup on my truck. When I park and turn the truck off, I open my door and all passenger doors unlock automatically. But if my daughter unlocks her back door and opens before me, it defeats this option. I will then have to manually unlock the other doors by pressing the keyfob or button on the driver door. I set it using the owners guide.

KB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.