DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little fun last night with the ram. A trans am pulled up next to me with a loud exhaust. So i was sitting there just minding my own when they started reving like crazy. So the light turns green and i kinda punch it to see if they were gonna go also. Well they went and then i went. LEt me tell you this truck gets up and goes. I dont even think i put it all the way down and i had no problem moving away from them. Im loving this truck more and more every day. Dont know the make or anything of the trans am because they never pulled up next to me. But it was manual and loud i mean loud exhaust.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Had a little fun last night with the ram. A trans am pulled up next to me with a loud exhaust. So i was sitting there just minding my own when they started reving like crazy. So the light turns green and i kinda punch it to see if they were gonna go also. Well they went and then i went. LEt me tell you this truck gets up and goes. I dont even think i put it all the way down and i had no problem moving away from them. Im loving this truck more and more every day. Dont know the make or anything of the trans am because they never pulled up next to me. But it was manual and loud i mean loud exhaust.
I lost count of how many people Ive smoked:rck:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can raise the BS flag all you want. I dont really think i have to lie on a message board to feel good about my self.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I think he was playing with you or he might have been busted in the past for street racing and had second thoughts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The day I bought my R/T, on the way home from the dealer, these two yahoos in an old Chevy S-10 started doing the same thing to me at a red light. Good grief! I had all of 11 miles on it and some goofball decides he wants to race. I didn't bite because A) 11 miles on it and B) they'll be plenty of time in the days and years to come.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Pre-1997 I could see it, anything newer with the LS1... :bs:

1998 and newer
1/4 Mile ET: 12.744
1/4 Mile MPH: 108.590
1/8 Mile ET: 8.223
1/8 Mile MPH: 87.410
0-60 Foot ET: 1.912

310 HP 340 RWTQ

weight: 3450

0-60 4.9sec

My friend's got one of these, and I know for a fact my Dakota doesn't stand a chance against it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good kill and I have absolutely no problem believing you. I cant tell you how many cars I have had it out with and only an 09 Vette has beat me so far.
Last night a Mercedeze CLK 500 lost to the RAM, he hung in there till 25 or so - than it was all over for him. These trucks ARE fast enough to surprise many a car sleeping at the light.

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
I stopped taking the freeway home and have been taking one of our highways, lots of stoplights, and 50 mph limits. I lost count as well with what Ive beat, the ram seems to gobble up mustang gt's all day long. I dont waste time anymore on them honda boys. The few who have taken me, very newer SLK, mid 2000's vette, mid 2000's supercharged cobra, liter bikes, have kept up with a few 600's, i lost to my buddys 300 srt8, went nose to nose with srt4, got smoked by a chally. Over all though, not many other stock cars stand a chance :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I stopped taking the freeway home and have been taking one of our highways, lots of stoplights, and 50 mph limits. I lost count as well with what Ive beat, the ram seems to gobble up mustang gt's all day long. I dont waste time anymore on them honda boys. The few who have taken me, very newer SLK, mid 2000's vette, mid 2000's supercharged cobra, liter bikes, have kept up with a few 600's, i lost to my buddys 300 srt8, went nose to nose with srt4, got smoked by a chally. Over all though, not many other stock cars stand a chance :)

A newer 600cc sportbike runs in the 10's. You didnt beat the bike, you beat the rider! These trucks arent that fast. They seem quick for how big they are but they arent fast. High 14's is far from fast in my book.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have to agree-not that the poster is lying, but one of our trucks stock will PROBABLY not beat a well-driven ls1 f body. However, he did not say what year or even generation of firebird he beat. It's quite possible to greatly slow down an ls1 car with poor driving, especially if it's a 6 speed car. There aren't too many crotch rocket bikes I would put my truck against and expect to win, and it runs pretty well.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Was at a stop light on two lane yesterday afternoon.Here comes a dark red Challenger,auto,5.7.We nailed them from a roll.Stayed nose to nose to near 80 mph.Backed off,slowing and came up on cops ever-where.By then I/We was doing speed limit.Wow that was close.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Was at a stop light on two lane yesterday afternoon.Here comes a dark red Challenger,auto,5.7.We nailed them from a roll.Stayed nose to nose to near 80 mph.Backed off,slowing and came up on cops ever-where.By then I/We was doing speed limit.Wow that was close.
Mmmmmmhmmmm...

·
Chad Loves His Hemi
447 Posts
I never laughed so hard reading posts! For one.. I have a 3rd Gen.. Your new Hemi is faster.. But not THAT faster (I know from experience + a test drive).. Some of the vehicles people say they beat on here.. are either BS.. Or maybe it was before they woke up. If your going to lie and say you beat someone.. at least make it believable.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I thought that the Challenger would just walk off but it didn't.New Camaro did and with ease.

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
A newer 600cc sportbike runs in the 10's. You didnt beat the bike, you beat the rider! These trucks arent that fast. They seem quick for how big they are but they arent fast. High 14's is far from fast in my book.
I never said I beat em, they are quicker :)

Ive only played with a few on the highway, usually 60+ roll, and I kept up pretty well, until i hit 105. From a drag, not a chance, HP to weight ratio for the win

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.