DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me get my feet wet here......I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport with the 360. I recently had my tranny reworked. I had a retaining spring break for the OD. I also had the governer sensor and switch replaced. I am now getting a P1740 code. I also got two other codes that were P0455 and P0442 which are large and small Evap System Leaks respectingly. I checked the evap system for cracks, replaced the gas cap, and then ran out of ideas. I am open to any suggestions for any of these problems.

SEMPER FI
SSgt Devil Dawg :gr_patrio

·
Registered
552 Posts
Evap canister. if the tank isnt leaking, the ap isnt leaking, and none of the lines are its the canister.

·
Tracker81
74 Posts
Check all hoses on the vaccum system SSgt I got the same truck minus the 360 and have had all the same issues check the hose between the air box and the pass. valve cover as well mine had a crack there and I'll be damned if it didnt set off the CEL you can also take it to a shop somewhere that has a smoke machine and have them smoke it and see where the leak is at. by the way your MOS

Sgt. Phillips 1833 (AAV)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done that

I have already checked all of the hoses, all are connected and no holes. I think I am gonna replace the canister next. As far as the Tranny I am still clueless on that.

I am a 0659 (Data Chief). I just received orders CP. Cant wait to get down there.

SSgt

·
Redneck Yankee
2,509 Posts
That 1740 your getting is the torque converter clutch or overdrive solenoid. The TCC is common with our trucks.

·
Redneck Yankee
2,509 Posts
I don't remember exactly. It was done under warranty when I got the truck. I'll try and find the receipt when I get home.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
Don't you have some kind of warranty from who already worked on the tranny? :huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Learned the hard way

The guy who worked on it isnt really a tranny man, he owns a shop so I took his word on it :crazy: . He charged me $1400 to replace the switch and sensor, replace the OD retaining spring and oh yeah change the oil...I have the invoice here looking at it, getting more preturbed as I read it. So, to answer your question, no I dont have any kind of warranty from him.

My father-in-law is a mech, he is gonna help me replace the converter and finish fixing the truck. Any ideas on where to get the canister....except the dealer?

SSgt :gr_patrio

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
He overcharged ya! I could of overhauled it here for that. It makes me mad to hear of people doing people that way,and then no kind of warranty to boot! :VHOT: If you replace the converter,you should put a new front pump bushing in it too,the oil clearance on the bushing to converter hub has an effect on TCC lock up pressure. Grind them converter bolts one thread shorter before reusing also. ;)

·
Redneck Yankee
2,509 Posts
SSgt Devil Dawg said:
Thanks for the info, any idea on the price of repair for this?

SSgt
I had to pay a $100 deduct. and that's all because of the warranty but he wrote the bill out for $240 parts and $226 labor. This was about three years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.