DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put in either bedrug or line-x in the bed of my ram 2500. what are the pros and cons? I would think the bedrug helps absorb some abuse more than the line-x in terms of dents? If I threw some bricks in either, lwouldnt the bed rug absorb the possible dents to the actual bed metal? The line-x looks like a great option but from a denting/ding angle I see an issue.

Thanks kevin

·
Registered
254 Posts
U have a 2500 so it's simple!

With a 3/4 Ton, I'm not sure why you'd be considering a budrug. However, Line-X is a damn good liner, and bedrug has it's pros as well. Line-X will stand up to just about anything as long as you take care of your Rig. An expensive, but best optional would be both!

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
The Bedrug isnt going to stand up to repeated throwing of items in it Im sure,tossing lumber,firewood,or bricks in the Bed is going to take its toll on a bedrug......Fabric will tear and become scarred after a ton of that type use.........Mild use and lightly placing items in the bed wouldnt take its toll as bad with a bedrug but dont expect one to perform at its best with constant use and abuse like a spray in liner does!!!

Bedrugs do have a cushioned underneath side for protection but the material will start to show wear and tear after repeated use like tossing items in that will scar ot tear the material!!!

Bedrugs are more for the recreational use or light hauling and careful placing of items!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Get Line-X if you are going to USE your bed. Get a bed rug if you are just going to make grocery trips ... LOL. I don't think a bed rug would have held up to the load of bricks I had in my truck yesterday ... but my Line-X did. Really, it is kind of apples vs. oranges ... depends on what you like and/or are going to do with your truck.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
I loaded a pallet of tile in my truck yesterday and even though my bedrug had been stolen when the truck was recovered I still would have taken it out to load the pallet.......the 48 boxes of tile weighed around 40lbs each......definately wouldnt have wanted the Bedrug in there at the time!!!!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I'm about to install abedrug on top of my spray in. The truck came with the spray in, but I'm going for the sport look which is why I bought the bedrug...I guess I get double protection!!

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
i didnt know you could do that (bed rug over line x) because i have spray in as well and id really be interested in doing that!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Just make sure you clean the spray in properly, and the velcro should stick to it. I am going to scrub my bedliner hard to make sure I get all the dirt off before I start laying the velcro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.