DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put a line lock on the front brakes of a 4x4 with ABS? It seems like I read somewhere that this can't be done.:help:
 

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
Joined
·
30,923 Posts
I'm sure you could... the most that'd happen is an ABS light would come on. But I think if it doesn't go off when doing a power brake... would it then still?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
I'm sure you could... the most that'd happen is an ABS light would come on. But I think if it doesn't go off when doing a power brake... would it then still?
:dunno: It's been years since I used one. I just know it would be a lot easier on the back rotors if I had one installed.
 

·
New Project!...Again!
Joined
·
3,276 Posts
I have been thinking of installing one on my truck. Though it is a 2wd.

I do know that you can get one from Summit Racing for 30-140 Bucks. B&M has one for 69 bucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DodgeThisHemi said:
I have been thinking of installing one on my truck. Though it is a 2wd.

I do know that you can get one from Summit Racing for 30-140 Bucks. B&M has one for 69 bucks.
Yea I was surfing the web today and found quite a few different brands. Some a little fancier than others, but they all do basicaly the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hemidup said:
As long as you only have rear wheel anti lock, the line lock will work. I have use the Hurst roll control.
I believe I have 4 wheel ABS except when it's in 4 wheel drive!:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,718 Posts
Follow your brake lines, down from your master cylinder, to the 1st manifold that you come to. If you only have 2 lines going into it, the line lock will work. If there is 4??? I haven't figured that one out yet. Since you have an 03, I would believe that a line lock should work on your truck. One of the brake lines should be black and the other, steel colored.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hemidup said:
Follow your brake lines, down from your master cylinder, to the 1st manifold that you come to. If you only have 2 lines going into it, the line lock will work. If there is 4??? I haven't figured that one out yet. Since you have an 03, I would believe that a line lock should work on your truck. One of the brake lines should be black and the other, steel colored.
Ok I'll check that out tomorrow! Thanks a lot!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top