DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appointment to get my stock 3.55 gears changed to 4.11's in about 2 weeks. I haven't decided yet if I want to go with the Auburn limited slip or not. I don't currently have a factory limited slip, so I am use to an open diff, but it would be nice to have some better traction in snow.

It is about $480 more to add. Is this worth the extra expense?
Thanks.

·
97 2500 offroad
70 Posts
If you are going to spend that much you should just buck up the difference and get an E-locker or Ox-locker. Both are limited slip(without clutches to fail) and if you really need traction you either push a button or pull a lever.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
In 4 wheel drive an LSD will help out with winter traction. How is your traction the rest of the time?(spring, summer & fall)

Adding 410s and the Auburn HP LSD could be performance neutral.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
dpm4x4 said:
If you are going to spend that much you should just buck up the difference and get an E-locker or Ox-locker. Both are limited slip(without clutches to fail) and if you really need traction you either push a button or pull a lever.
Those are not limited slips, they are a locker. Nothing wrong with running a locker on the street, but you dont have to waste your time with a selectable in the rear. ID personally would run a detroit in the rear.
Regardless, Id throw some type of traction device in it

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
this was an old post....silver ended up with an Auburn in the rear if i remember correctly.

mike

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yup, 4.11's and Auburn in the rear. I like it so far. No complaints, but haven't had it on ice or snow yet, just mud, and it seemed to be an improvement over the open diff that came stock.

·
Illinois Boy
1,018 Posts
sorry to cut in on this thread, but Im tired of one wheel peels that i do day in and day out, I wanna keep the stock ratio of 3.50/3.55, which ever it is. I did a search and there seems to be no links to where I can get these. When I look at summit I always end up finding the 100% posi units, which I dont want.. Can anyone get me a part number from summit, jegs, or another place that is a posi going straight but a one wheel peel when I turn?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.