DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Yup, its got a HEMI...
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was installing my deck and bazooka tube in the hemi last night (one of the easies installs i have ever done) and i'm running the power down the driver side and all ia well. I go and run the RCA's down the passanger side and the front is dry, but when i get the back (right behind the seat belt) i hit water. i can't tell where is is comming from but its right by the door seal and up to the middle of hte floor mat.

I dried is out last night and i checked again this morning after it rained and sure enough there water again.

SO, where might this water be coming from? the truck is parked on a slight hill where the low side of the truck is the passengers side. the only thing i can think of is maybe the third break light....but it would have to travel a long way and noting else seems wet.

thanks

· Registered
542 Posts
I had to get a replacement 3rd brake light housing a couple of
months after I bought my because the housing was a little
bowed in the middle and the gasket wouldn't seal all the way.

Dealer covered it and it's been fine ever since.

· Yup, its got a HEMI...
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you had water in the same place?

· Registered
542 Posts
Yeah... the headliner has a closed cell foam backing, so the water
doesn't come through it. What it does is run off to the sides and
comes around the rear pillers or around the backlight frame
depending on how level your parked.

· Registered
2,639 Posts
I used a sprinkler to find a water leak. Point it at the lowest spot where you suspect the leak, leave it on for a while, and check for water. If no water yet, keep raising the sprinkler until you find the leak.

· LPG Hemi
2,810 Posts
Yep, definately the third light and not sealing right.
Do you have a sat radio antenna routing out of the third light?
A lot of people run their satelite antenna out this way to the top of the cab. Water found it's way down through this area with my truck.
I pulled the sat cable and re-sealed the third brake light cover with a little black silicone sealer.
Never had any further trouble.
Hope this helps?
Al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.