DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever raced a gen 1 lightning. If so did you win? I can't remember If they were sc, just a 351 in em'. I don't want to get embarassed if I see a stocker at a light.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Not sure about the 1st ones but I know you do not want to mess with the newer ones. Very fast!

·
Registered
843 Posts
NHHEMI said:
Not sure about the 1st ones but I know you do not want to mess with the newer ones. Very fast!
if I remember and assuming I still have the Article from an early sport truck regarding 1st gen Lighting VS 2nd gen 454 ss

the then lightining was a massaged 351 but was normally asperated

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I raced an 04 with my 04 Hemi and it was no contest-at least he was good enough to give a a "nice try".

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Yea... You will get owned...

I have a friend with one... Its ragged to hell, but he still smokes me everytime. I have tried a rolling start, dead stop start, sneak attack, etc, No dice... Now... if you spray your HEMI, then you will win hands down!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Also, Watch out for the Harley Series trucks... The newer models also are supercharged. I have been beaten by one of those.. Just Barely mind you, but I still got beat. those are some strong trucks as well!

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
My buddy Frank has an 03 lightning and i dont mess with him... he has a "here hemi hemi hemi" sticker in his back window. I cant wait till i beat him so he will take it off. I race him once when i was stock and that was enough for me. lol

BB

·
Registered
216 Posts
Eh, it isnt really apples and apple though. I mean these things are throwing around 5 psi boost. If you get a GSM or a lil juice you will romp the Lightnings. That's what I want to do one day, get a nice 100 shot.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is funny. There was an identical thread running on another dodge forum a while back and the answers were the complete opposite. Everyone there was smoking Lightning's all the time with their stock hemi's.

Based upon what I've seen from my neighbor's Lightning, folks here are a little more in touch with reality.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I beat a stock one with my modded hemi. No prob. There was also one at the local track running a 9.2 to my 9.04, so it's definitely doable.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
The Ford Lightnings are superior stock for stock, but like DanTheNiceGuy said: it isn't like comparing apples to apples. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
SHAKNBAK said:
I beat a stock one with my modded hemi. No prob. There was also one at the local track running a 9.2 to my 9.04, so it's definitely doable.

You are running a 9.04 in your HEMI? Holy 16 SPARKS PLUGS BATMAN!!! That is INSANE!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Lol, that's only a 14.1 in the quarter. A bunch of other rcsbs are running better.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
The Ford Lightnings are superior stock for stock, but like DanTheNiceGuy said: it isn't like comparing apples to apples. :gr_patrio

Yea, we have flogged that horse to death 8 times on this forum... The whole Apples to Oranges thing...

Bottom line, If you wanna line up next to the Lightning, You better bring it. As much I live every day to Mod my HEMI to shove pie in these Lightning guy's faces, the fact is... Those are some wicked trucks... Without Forced Induction or some MAJOR internal mods, we really dont stand a chance.

and yea, if you hear of ANYONE on ANY board talking about Smoking a Lightning with a stock, or hell, even a mild to mediumly modded HEMI, You can Immediately and safely ask them to surrender thier "Pimp Card" because they are full of Moose Dung!

·
Registered
406 Posts
LOL! Moose dung? That's funny! Facts are facts. If you don't want to believe that it's possible, cool then.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
SHAKNBAK said:
Lol, that's only a 14.1 in the quarter. A bunch of other rcsbs are running better.

Oh Crap... Ok.. I was thinking 1/4.... I was about to Call out BS! on that one... i dont ANYBODY on this forum in a truck is running anything CLOSE to a 9

H777 is the fastest I have seen (not that there couldnt be faster) but @ 500+ RWHP and Juice, he is pulling low 12's

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
SHAKNBAK said:
LOL! Moose dung? That's funny! Facts are facts. If you don't want to believe that it's possible, cool then.

Your telling me that a Stock or close to stock HEMI is beating a Supercharged Lightning in the 1/4 mile? With the same compitance level of driver?

I mean, YEA.. I beat a vet once because the guy couldnt get his Gear hand working right... But on a good run he woudl SMOKE ME.

Im not saying the HEMI can't be made to beat it, but not without MAJOR mods. NOS, SC, TURBOS,

And Normally Aspirated? That would require MAJOR Internal Engine Mods... Cam, Pistons, Rings, Balanced Cranks, Pulleys, Electric Fans, and MOST OF ALL, A custom PCM Flash which has not been made available yet...

How in the world is this happening?

·
Registered
278 Posts
An Engineer I work with has one, and it is WICKED fast. He thinks that it is AS fast as his C5 through about 80MPH or so.

Damn fast truck, HEMI without internal mod's or juice is no contest.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.