·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a copy of a Customers post from the rumble bee forum

2005 GSM Supercharged hemi with 6lb base kit and srt killer pkg

Scott Quaranta
GS Motorsports

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:10 pm Post subject: Lightning vs. GSM Rumble Bee!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it FINALLY happened! I went toe-to-toe with a Lightning. While sitting at a stoplight, a blue Lightning pulled up next to me. I wasn't paying attention and didn't even realize a car pulled up next to me until he revved and got my attention. It was a nice day today and both of us had our windows down. I was alone in my truck and he had his girl in his. I said f#@$ it, why not? I pointed ahead and asked if he wanted to run. He gave me the nod. HEMI ON!!!

Light turns green and all you could hear was the screaming of his supercharger and mine and my loud Flowmaster and both our tires searching for traction. I was shocked as the ass end of my truck was getting away from me, so I let off the gas a little to get it back in check and then punched it again when I got straightened out (this is all happening very quickly). We went up to about 75-80 before I braked for the next stoplight. Had him the whole time from the launch and he hung about 1/2 a truck length off my rear quarter. Not a slaughter, but a kill nonetheless.

Guy was really cool about it, said he just had intake and exhaust and I told him what I had. Said he thought it was gonna be another easy Hemi kill. I still need more power. Going on vacation next weekend for a couple weeks and then I'm slapping on a different exhaust, big boost kit, and some other stuff.

GSM Rumble Bee: 1
Lightning: 0
GSM/Paxton Supercharger | GSM Big Boost Upgrade | Dynatech SuperMaxx System | NGK TR6 Plugs | Atlas 180 Degree Thermostat | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | 3.92 Limited Slip | 15% Window Tint | ProPod 3-Gauge A-Pillar Pod | Autometer Ultra-Lite Gauges | Mopar RB1 Navigation | Mopar 6-Disc CD Changer | Street Scene Speed Grille | Ground Effects Delete | 20" Wheels

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Flippin' Sweet!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice! When I'm ready for your kit, can I keep my Comp cam in? Also, can I run a Superchips 87 octane program since you are going to override the fuel/timing anyways? I must go 140mph and snapshift if I'm going to supercharge. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
jesus... nice story, but does it take all of that to beat a lightnign.. i was thinking cutouts air filter and a 75-100 shot would make up for the wiegh and power difference, guess i was wrong.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
02z28_04hemiram said:
jesus... nice story, but does it take all of that to beat a lightnign.. i was thinking cutouts air filter and a 75-100 shot would make up for the wiegh and power difference, guess i was wrong.

Oh sure bro... 125 shot with Intake and exhaust will also do the trick... But its nice to see one run Apples to Apples...

Nice kill bro!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I Want One!

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
02z28_04hemiram said:
Trust me...this setup will beat a lightning also. I hav beat 2 of them at the track, and I dont have nitrous or a blower. q8740...Are you guys offering any financing yet??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.