DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas for a light inside my ARE hard-shell tonneau that would operate with my cargo light.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I kind of like those. Any idea how they work?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
not real sure, kinda like the fridge light....does it stay on? you never know....lol....no seriously though, I have no clue

·
Registered
192 Posts
They would be nice.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I will get them one of these days. Welcome to DT, do you have pics of your truck??

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I mounted a removable battery powered light under the lid. It also works as a flashlight. You mount the bracket and the light attaches by a magnet. If you need it you just hit the switch. If you need to look under the truck at night, just pop it off and crawl under. Like $10 at Walmart. :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
that's cool too, and a good idea so you can move it!

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
I mounted a removable battery powered light under the lid. It also works as a flashlight. You mount the bracket and the light attaches by a magnet. If you need it you just hit the switch. If you need to look under the truck at night, just pop it off and crawl under. Like $10 at Walmart. :)
Got pix wolf? :)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yup, I was gonna suggest one of those stick on push lights from Wally World.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you guys talking about Tap lights (see below)? If so, did you mount them with screw or tape?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
That's what I was talking about... but I never used one.

When I had my tonneau, I just used my flashlight that I kept by each door.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
If it's already been explained and I missed it, I apologize.... but I'd really like a under my tonneau cover that would turn on when the cargo light turns on. With the cover installed, the cargo light is useless for all practical purposes. I probably won't even replace it when/if it burns out. (unless that annoying "lamp out" light comes on) But I'd like to have a light inside the bed that turns on when I unlock the doors the way the cargo light does now. Any suggestions? I already have a battery powered light in there, which I'll admit, gets the job done, but not as efficiently as I'd like. :)

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
That'd be an easy thing to do... just get a light that has to actually be wired in. Then just ground it out back somewhere and run the power wire to the switch in the dash.

I was planning on installing a set of LEDs back there... but got rid of it befor eI did that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.