DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out how to lift my 01 1500 sport model. Many lift kit manufacturers say that their lift kits are not compatible with the "offroad" model. Is the "offroad" model considered the sport model? If so...where do I get a 5 inch lift for my truck?!

·
Diego Serna
418 Posts
If you want 5in lift, go to BDS website. The reason many lift manufactures do not "make" lifts for Off Roadsters, is because many of them use coil spacers up front. Off Roadsters come from the factory with on average 2in lift from stiffer coils which would not be the best set up for the control arms. BDS sells a 3in lift for off roadsters which in actuality is a 5in lift for a standard truck. I would get a long arm kit which will give a better ride on and off road.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Sport and Offroad are separate packages, some trucks had both. Does yours say "Off Road" under the 4x4 on the rear tailgate? If so you have an Off Road which came with a bit more lift than regular 4x4's. The 5" kits WILL fit an Off Road it just won't lift them 5". You'd actually be getting around 3" lift since it's already lifted 2"

You can go here http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html
click "equipment listing" and enter your vin and it will give you the build sheet for your truck and it will say if it has the Off Road package

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
There are a million options out there. I recommend avoiding spacers, and go with longer control arms for anything over 3". TGC makes some nice stuff, any any kit with progressive springs will be nice. For the rear, I hate running taller blocks or stacking them. Add-a-leafs are simple, but really stiffen up the ride. If you can afford it, get complete new leaf packs, or just go with longer shackles or a shackle flip kit.

And IIRC, the off-roads were 3" lift with 33's and 4.10s from the factory. Also came with a really neat progressive steering box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.