DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift just the rear of my dakota because the hitch I have on it sits lower than I like. Can I flip the axle as I know the springs are under the axle? Will I need to weld on or somehow fasten a perch on the top of the axle? Any problems with driveline angle?

Thanks

Edit: I know I can get a different hitch, however the entire hitch assembly that mounts to the truck is what is so low. I guess it's what you get when you buy a kit made for 100 different trucks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Doing a spring-over-axle (SOA) conversion like this will net you somewhere around 5" of lift... Which I would think is rather excessive for what your goal is. I would recommend an add-a-leaf... this will get you 2-3" plus a little extra spring rate for heavy loads. Another option may be an air-bag overload setup, but I don't think those are meant to increase the ride height so much as help leveling a load.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gotcha, thanks, yeah thats what I was worried about. I really only wanted about 2", but I figured SOA would be 3", but 5" would be way too much of a rake for me.

Thanks for saving me the work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.