DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has to hit the button (either on the key fob or in the cabin) 2 or 3 times before the rear lift gate opens...any ideas?
It's covered under warranty, but I was hoping that someone else had the same problem and there was a quick fix for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
The power liftgate requires 2 button pushes of the key fob to open/close...it's a safety feature to ensure it's not hit accidentally. I'd have to go try out the overhead button to be sure, but I think it works the same way. It's described in the manual.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps, I'll be back home in a couple days and do some research.
From what I recall, I think the key fob requires 2x and the interior button requires only 1x.
Thanks for the reply, didn't think of that.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
the Gen 1's will open the drivers door with one click and all the other doors and rear hatch on the second click. The Gen 2's are probably the same. If you need to hit the button 3 times, you may have a latch problem. This could be resolved with a cleaning and lubing of the latch.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
canyonD said:
the Gen 1's will open the drivers door with one click and all the other doors and rear hatch on the second click. The Gen 2's are probably the same. If you need to hit the button 3 times, you may have a latch problem. This could be resolved with a cleaning and lubing of the latch.
That's what I told her, that I would hit it with some PB blaster and clean it when I get home.
Even though it's warrantied, I doubt the latch would fail with less than 5000 miles on it.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
It may just have gotten gunked up if you had something dirty in the back. Good luck and post the results after you dig into the project.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is also a program setting for opening the doors with the key fob. From the factory it is set so that only the drivers door will open with the first push of the button on the fob. Then with the second push all the doors and the liftgate open but you can set it so that all the doors open with the first push. It's in your manual. If you don't have it let me know and I can post the procedure when I get home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.