DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a lifted truck at the dealer prior to purchasing my truck. This particular dealer wanted way too much for the lift. I am curious what the lift looks like to you guys. The sales guy claimed it was a 4" Rancho lift. The window sticker said it was a 2" torsion bar key (which 07 don't have). The sales manager claimed it was a 4 front 2 rear kit. It doesn't look lifted as much as some of the other 4" Rancho trucks I have seen so I'm curious. It had 35x12.50x20 Toyo Open Country's with a spacer to clear the steering knuckles on the front. I didn't know enough about the lifts at the time to know what it did or didn't have on it.

Any guesses? Here are some pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
I'd be more prone to believe the Sticker over the scum tryin to sell the vehicle. Alot of the time they are just tryin to sound smarter then they are and dont have the slightest idea what they are talkin about.

· Murdered out
484 Posts
those spacers on just the front give it the chevy look

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its 4x4. They claimed it had a 4" lift, but it doesn't look like that much higher than a stock truck and doesn't clear the 35's by a whole lot.

· kstompaint
334 Posts
There's NO way that's a 4" on a 4x4.

Our local dealer has a similar looking orange one. They added leather, and the Putco "chrome" door handle covers with a K&N and some aftermarket 20's. Marked it up something like $9-10k. What a bunch of BS. I guess there's an ass for every seat.

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like a level kit to me. I bet it probably just had the quicklift on it. Wish they still had it for me to check it out of close.

· Registered
1,624 Posts
yeah probably a rancho quick ift or just 2" spacers..i would like to see how close the tires are to rubbing on the fender flares..plus what kind of spacers are they running to clear the upper arms from hitting the tires?

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanna say it was a 1/4" spacer on the front. It could have been larger than that but you can tell the tires noticeably stick out further than the rear.

· NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,848 Posts
I think it looks horrible, like said be 4, it looks like a chevy with the rear wheels tucked in and the front wheels sticking out, that was the main reasons i hated chevy 4WD, and now they are tryin to do that to a dodge, if they would put spacers on the rear to make it match the front, it would fix everything, but trust the other guys when they say believe the sticker over the salesman, i used to sell cars and they told me in my training at chevy, that if i dont know something, just lie to the customer to make a sale, needless to say i couldnt stay in that business, i was to honest.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
I agree. I needed 1/4" spacers to clear my 305/55/20 NTG's and added them to the rear as well so everything matched up.

· Too much violence
4,001 Posts
Quick-lift or spacers? - I'm definitely not feeling that factory rim, and tire set-up.

· Too much violence
4,001 Posts
305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers - would have been the better tire choice. Not enough lift...

· Registered
211 Posts
There s no way that is a 4" lift on a 4x4. that salesman and manager are :crazy:

· Infinite Lives
6,428 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had no intention of buying it because they wanted 5500 for the lift, fender flares, and tires on stock rims. Way too pricey for me. I bought my truck at another dealer. I was just curious what the lift looked like to everyone else because it doesn't look like it sits as high as some of the 3" PA body lifts and they claimed it was the 4" Rancho kit.

· Infinite Lives
6,428 Posts
If it didn't have the fron rancho skid plate then it wasn't the 4" rancho lift.

· Registered
810 Posts
It's a Quicklift, if that, and Rancho shocks SUUUUUUCK!!! I have yet to be impressed with a dealer-installed suspension lift. No way that setup is worth the markup. :crazy: :smokin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.