• stock height

Votes: 66 13.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
If I were to return to that day when I purchased my truck I would have gotten a 4x4 and lifted it,but since I was not really smart at the time you can see the result.....

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
i like em lowered , makes em look long and lean . it gives off a classy look ,imo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lifted!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lifted :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
517 Posts
if you want something low to the ground, get a car. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
988 Posts
love both

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think if you dont go offroading and your a street driver slam it thats what i did with my durango. But i was going to get mine lifted but i dont go offroading whats the point to have a big offroading truck if you dont take it offroad. Yea it will look tough as hell but so does the lowered look Best way is to bag it then you can have alittle of both worlds lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
One more thing CARS should never be lifted the whole 28,26 rims idea is ugly. They look odd and just look like crap imo

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
dodgesportz26 said:
One more thing CARS should never be lifted the whole 28,26 rims idea is ugly. They look odd and just look like crap imo

X2, why does a Caprice Classic have to ride on rims that are bigger than the tires on my Cherokee anyway :huh:

As for lifted vs lowered, it really depends on what they truck is for, my XJ is stock height with 235/75/r15 Wranglers's on OEM rims (stock was 215/75/r15 Goodyear Eagles and it had 225/70/15 Toyo Open Country's when I bought it)since it see's almost only pavement right now ans is used as a "jack of all trades" (hauls people, cargo, arse, and is used in all road conditions from Chicago winters to screwing with sporty type cars on twisty roads ;) )

2wd; stock to mild lowering
4wd w/ solid axles; stock to mild lift
4wd w/ IFS; why bother, get a real 4x4! :nutkick: :whackit: :spank: :buttkick: :greenchai :soapbox:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I think they both look good. Just depends on your own taste and how you use your truck. But as you can see I had to vote lifted.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jedi said:
I clicked on stock height-but I plan on getting some bags for the truck, then I can go at whatever height suits me to some extent.
Ditto, that's what I was thinking.

To some extent, I'm torn. I have a 2WD Dak. I love that my truck is not too much higher than a car, but is high enough that I can do more. I like lowered for control and handling, but is still a truck so it can't be too low. I've gotten hung up on something once that wouldn't had happened had I sat higher or had larger tires (or, truth be told, PAYING ATTENTION).

I'm kinda biased against lifted trucks...I think they are DANGEROUS. I see trucks sitting so high and with tires so big, the driver wouldn't know if they ran over someone's kid. I've seen a Neon and a lifted truck parked head to head, and I prayed that they never met at speed...and if they did, that the truck driver would be charged murder or manslaughter. I've driven turns I could take at 45+MPH at 20-25MPH, mad that the monster truck in front of me that can't turn without rolling over messed up my pace. At times, it boggles me how many people believe we're in a conflict we don't want or need to be in for for oil, yet so many go out and INCREASE the consumption of that which already consumes so much. Or that other cultures or peoples can be criticized for placing danger in such close proximity to the innocent public, yet we allow ANYONE to operate a MONSTER TRUCK on public highways, in school zones, by hospitals or anywhere else.

If you want to sit higher so see more or farther, fine...sit on a phone book, but don't block everyone else's view. If you want to feel safer, by all means, but don't do it by making others feel less safe...(BULLY).

Slammed trucks are just as abhorrent, but they pose little danger to others besides themselves and maybe speed bumps. Thus, they are more tolerable.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Lowered slightly, about an inch. Improves handling and keeps suspension geometery within reason.
Shorter tires are the ideal way to lower, bot not with anything over 17" rims as that's silly on trucks and even some cars... Larger rims are for the race track. (except F1 were they limit brake size)

·
Registered
606 Posts
All depends on the kind of truck or suv that you are driving, now if you are 4x4ing all the time, then yes lift it if not and you just go to work or school and back home then leave it stock, if you like to show off or like a more sporty look then drop it. In my opinion the r/t's should of been lower than a stock durango due to the fact that it is supposed to be a sportier version of the dingo. So I just dropped mine 2 inches.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ive had plenty of lowerd trucks & like lifted better. Not only that, when people piss me off with their stupid driving skills, I just ride there ass shaking my hand out the window yelling im going to run your ass over.. lol. Works out alot better in my lifted truck compared to my lowered I had some time ago..

·
Mopar or no car!
1,959 Posts
Ive never owned a lifted truck, ive driven one and it felt like i was the king! But ive had 3 lowered ones and i love the ride of a slammed truck, you can haul a$$ and corner alot better!!

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.