Votes: 66 13.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't understand why people want to slam their trucks to the ground; they are trucks. Some look good but I would prefer a lifted or stock height truck to a lowered one. Which do you prefer? Why?

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
definetly depends. I love a lowered truck, I think dodges are the best truck out to be slammed, the body lines are perfect for it.

basically like I said, it depends - if I used my truck as a work truck and used it all the time for truck stuff I'd leave it stock, if I had places to go to offroad and actually would go offroad often, I'd lift it, but if I only drove around on paved streets, was making my truck fast as possible, and hardly ever have anything in the bed, I'd lower it which is why my truck is lowered :)

I pick lowered, though would I ever have my truck on the ground I doubt it, lowered yes, but theres a point were its cool for other guys but not my truck. 4/6 is probably as low as I'd ever go on my own truck.

·
Year 1 Member
737 Posts
IMO trucks are to get taller not smaller. however i do like some not many trucks lowered (2wd only) if you have a 4wd and you lower it then why did you get a 4wd??:dunno: if they are trucks that are built for racing then yeah get it lowered. the first thing i think of is what lift am i gonna get for this truck and what is the largest tires i can fit in the wheel wells. then find trails with the most mud.:D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well, the way I think is that if you have a 2wd truck lower it, 4x4 lift it. Know when I say lower it I mean something like a 2/3 kit, not that much, just alittle.
Know when it comes to a lift, don't stop to have the 44's under the thing. I wouldn't want my truck to hae 44's, but I like looking at other peoples. I want to lift mine high enough to get 35's or 37's under there and call it good. I still have to drive mine everyday.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like both lowered and lifted, but had to vote for lowered considering...

·
Xploded Member
483 Posts
I clicked on stock height-but I plan on getting some bags for the truck, then I can go at whatever height suits me to some extent.

·
"1EVLRAM"
581 Posts
I think Andy was the closest on this one. You customize the truck for how you're going to use it. If all you do is drive on streets and freeways and carry an occasional load, you buy a 2WD and lower it for better handling. If you drive in the mountains or off road, 4WD and lift it. For work, leave it stock.
I like em' all as long as they have nice wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like lifted the best. I live in Alaska and up here if your truck is lowered you're going to have a lot of holes in your oil pan!! And anyway I like the trails better than the pavement.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like both. It depends on what you like and what you use it for. I don't like stock, so if it's 4x4 - lift it, if it's 4x2 - lower it. I also see nothing wrong with a lowered 4x4 or a lifted 4x2 (prerunner), it's all a matter of personal taste and as long as it's not stock and makes the owner happy, it's fine by me.

Level is a must! I hate the stock rake.

·
inside your mind with ls1
350 Posts
just all depends for me if it is a 2wd or awd lowered with bags or stock height is cool ( how awesome would a awd dakota R/T or a new ram SRT/10 be in full time awd, kinda like the chevy typhoon, or cyclone ) l if its 4x4, stock or lifted is the only way to go for me

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I like them both, as long as they are done right! They can both be ruined verry easily. Mine, I am planning to level it out by droping the back an inch or two. If I had a 4x4 then of course it would get a lift.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I like lowered trucks such as the SRT-10 or other sport trucks. I have never owned a lowered truck though, although I considered lowering my old '93 Dakota and would have if it hadnt had so many miles on it!

I drive a 4x4 Ram right now and I have no intention of lifting it. If I keep the truck after my Gold Key option is up, I'll probably go one size up on the tires from what I have now. I dont see much of a point in lifting trucks, other than for looks, and I think my Ram looks great now. All I could see happening if I lifted it, is the speedometer being off, getting worse gas mileage than I do already, and spending even more $$$ for tires that would only wear faster than the standard ones! Not worth the extra "macho" appeal, is it? At least not for me.

I did have a '99 Ram that was lifted at one time... but it was lifted when I bought it. The 33" tires looked good, but paying to replace them (with Goodyear MTR's) was a big expense, to say the least.

·
XD
259 Posts
psycho_maniac said:
who ever likes trucks lowered is junk. thats stupid. only rice rockets should have lowered kits.
:tdwn: Lowered riceburners isn't even a good thing, sports cars, yes, rice? no... Some trucks don't look bad lowered either.. slammed to the ground is just useless though. I'll take a lifted truck :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
i love both... im really really into the show scene... right now i cant decide if im gonna lay this one out.. or if im gonna lift it about 20 inches... the only reason im not totally for lifting is because its 2wd, however it would be show only but that just seems like a waste so i may lay this one out and get another... ahh the confusion

·
Registered
767 Posts
doesn't matter to me, MOST trucks look good lowered or lifted

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think both look good and its just a matter of preference also. Right now my truck is lowered because out here in socal it seems that every other truck is prerunned out. The truck is still practical because I did not slam it. I can still tow and haul with it.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.