DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i decided it was time to lift my truck when i got the money. I bought a rancho 4" 2wd lift for only $400 from 4 wheel parts. It came with spindles, coils, 4 rancho 5000 shocks, longer front brake lines, lower a-arm drop bracket, rear block kit, and nuts and bolts. It is great, i just need to adjust the alignment tomorrow then it will be set. I also need to get 33" tires and 16" rims. Im glad because it doesnt effect my rear airbags at all. We did the front end last night from 3:00pm till 10:00pm then the rear end I did thursday from 2:00pm till 5:00pm. It was really simple and fun.

before

after

Oh and i have 4 stock shocks, the spindles, and coils all for sale.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Im surprised, everytime i post something i get only a few replies.

Anyways i can wait until i get my tires and rims. Im getting 33" tires and these 17" rockcrawler rims"

·
Registered
385 Posts
Looks good man, did you use a shop or your garage?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did it out of my garage. Still holding up just fine, no problems yet. Well i did have on problem, the tires were rubbing up against the new spindles so i got some 1/4" wheel spacers and fixed that problem up fast.

·
Fock user titles...
38 Posts
Take a pic with the wheel spacers. Dang, at first I thought you had a 2500. This is exactly what I want to do to my truck and $400 is great!

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Nice bro, I have the same rims and tires from 4wheelparts, just in 31 inch. That is if I think you are getting what you are getting? Super Swamper TSL's?

-Pat-

BTW looks good!

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
nice!

mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks really great, nice job. Do you have any pic's of the spindles and wheel spacers?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NightRider said:
Nice bro, I have the same rims and tires from 4wheelparts, just in 31 inch. That is if I think you are getting what you are getting? Super Swamper TSL's?

-Pat-

BTW looks good!

do you have any pics of the rims on your truck? just want to see them actually on a truck.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I put on the same lift a couple of weeksago works great did my whole thing at work{was board} in under 4 hours my only complant is the rear blocks where too short had the rear saggin too much but 4wheel parts sent me a 3 1/2 block kit no charge right out now I just have to find the time to install my body lift that came in yesterday.. and I'm running 285/75/16 but have a set of 315/75/16 I'm putting on

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have been looking at this lift on 4wheelparts.com for my 2wd 96 Ram and can't seem to pull the trigger.Did you need any special tools for the install?? I'll be doing it by myself so I just want to know what I'm looking forward to.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did not need any special tools. The one special tool that we used we already had and that was the bleeder for the brakes. The kit is awesome and very easy to install. Im 16 and did lots of the work, my dad did help me, but only at the stuff that was too heavy to hold and bolt up myself.

This kit levels out the truck, IMO i like my front end higher then the rear though. Oh and if you use your stock tires and rims you will need to get a wheel spacer. With the new spindles my stock wheels were rubbing up against the spindle so i had to get a 1/4" spacer from pep boys. Other wise no complaints at all.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Excellent, I ended up ordering the lift last night from 4wheelparts.com. I had to order shocks as well because the only kits left are 299.00 for the 4" lift but do not come with shocks. I order four of the Pro Comp ES3000's and also ordered four new Pro Comp 33" tires and Xtreme Alloy 1069's. UPS guy is gonna have a stroke delivering all this stuff to me,lol!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol, sick.

I cant wait until i get 33's and rims.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I wish the 4x4 lifts were that cheap!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status