DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost power on the highway and got a code for fuel delivery failure. The truck would run ok on strait and level but would lose power climbing hills or trying to pass someone. After pulling the code while driving I noticed the pump was trying to work but it acted like it had a plugged filter or something. I decided I would pull the tank and check for a restriction before I purchased a new pump as I would only go with an aftermarket remote mount pump with extra filters. I was not in the mood to spend 500.00 + dollars in this current economy.....

I found exactly what I thought in the tank, the inlet filter was plugged up so far I was surprised it ran at all. The tank was reasonably clean but I guess all of those trips to the truck stop putting dirty nozzles in the tank actually added up. I cleaned the tank and filter and put it all back together and she runs great. Not bad for a few hours of work...I will let you all know if the pump throws another code. at that point, I will replace the pump with a FASS unit.

I wanted to share this just in case it might help one of you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's the very reason I dumped the stock fuel system for a FASS and a drawstraw.

I never have to worry about the screen getting plugged up and the filter does what it was designed to do. :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Fass fuel system did wonders for my truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.