DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what type of lift to get. Although I like the though of a suspension lift I cant think of any real reason to go up 6". I am only looking to go about 2-3 inches just so I can put some 33x12.50R17 on. I am also on a budget. If anyone has some suggestions please let me know.

-Justin

·
Registered
164 Posts
if your installing it on a dodge ram 4x4, alot of guys on DT are using just a leveling kit on the front, and, or you can use the 3" bodylift kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking around and going through some of the threads I think I am going to get a performance accessories body lift. With a 3" body lift will that be enough to fit 35" without rubbing? Also, does anyone have this lift for their 2002 Ram, is the right p/n 60083? Lastly, after installing the lift should shocks be changed?

·
Registered
293 Posts
never been a big fan of body lifts, imo always made the vehicles look odd. The other thing, do you have a 1500 or 2500 2wd or 4wd. If it is a 2500 you should definitely go suspension as the parts are 1/10 the cost as the 1500's. If it is a 1500 a good option would be to check out Topgun customs as they had the best prices for any types of lifts out there. If you had to narrow it dow to a brand suspension lift, I would get the BDS kit for about 2300 or so....with the coil over shock. If on a budget, the pro comp kit works well too.... and for your vehicle year the Fabtech lift as well. Though, like I said I am more into the suspensions than body lifting so... my .02 cents...

·
Registered
766 Posts
After looking around and going through some of the threads I think I am going to get a performance accessories body lift. With a 3" body lift will that be enough to fit 35" without rubbing? Also, does anyone have this lift for their 2002 Ram, is the right p/n 60083? Lastly, after installing the lift should shocks be changed?
No need to change shocks, as you are only lifting the body. The 60123 kit will work just fine but you have to re-drill the rear bumper brackets to get the bumper back on. It was pretty easy to install, but tedious and took me a weekend by myself. My truck pic (not a great one) should give you an idea of how yours will end up. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was also looking into a body or suspension lift. I have a 2002 4x4 QC. I can't decide what would be best. What is involved in a suspension lift? The body lift looks pretty straight forward. Also, do the suspension kits include everything I would need to do the job?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.