DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 local 4x4 shops have quoted me 14hours of labour to install any IFS lift kit..

superlifts manual says 6-7 hours..

what did it take for you guys?

i just spent 2500$ on rims and tires and was gonna drop another for the lift but
not really looking into 14 hours

·
norms hemi ram
527 Posts
i took me 5 days to put mine on but labor cost=nothing. 14hours seems a lil ridiculous to me. just out of curiosity wat tires and rims u gona run?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eagle alloys series 197 in a black cast color
and 35x12.50x17 dick cepek mud country

·
norms hemi ram
527 Posts
hell yea man thatll look sick wat happened to the 37s tho?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well after getting quotes from 2 places telling me 1200$ for labor on the install i decided to go with what fits without a lift for now.

i told them I'll pay 7 hours of labor as that's what superlift's website says it takes on the instructions but no go for that

·
NighthawkII
205 Posts
You may want to continue looking for other shops to install your lift. I had my skyjacker lift installed in about 6.5 hours and paid $600. The quotes you've received so far are pretty steep.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dont have any friends that would be willing to help you install it for the price of a couple cases of beer?

·
silver off road
293 Posts
Dont have any friends that would be willing to help you install it for the price of a couple cases of beer?
nothing better than drinkn beer and wrenchin

well besides gettn laid:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i do, but no garage!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i paid 400

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
That labour time is decent for a shop with hoists etc and all the right tools. But for most people it would take quite a few more hours. That labour quote is insane though. I did mine in a week after work each night on my driveway, very easy way to keep money for other mods!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.