DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a 4x4 shop that will install a lift for me...6" for the front 3.5-4" rear for $1800. It is a FABTECH PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION SYSTEM. Has anyone heard of this brand and is it worth it?? www.fabtechmotorsports.com

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
that is indeed a badass deal

the lift alone is 1500+ shipping in most cases

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Fabtech is very reputable. I first heard of them (a few years ago) in the 2wd market. They have since made a name for themselves in every 4wd mag I read. Very good kits. $1800 installed is a fair deal. That is basically a free install with the purchase of the kit. Like Chauncy said, the kit usually goes around $1500 plus shipping. If you're not sure of what kit to buy, you may want to check Rancho, Superlift, and Skyjacker. They are all good lifts too. I wouldn't be afraid of the Fabtech lift though, they are just other options.
Good luck with the lift... you'll love it no matter what brand you get.

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how funny would my factory 20's look on a 6" lift...I wouldn't be able to get wheels for about another month

·
Registered
48 Posts
you better not get the Fabtech kit until you can buy the wheels. here is a note from the Fabtech site,,,OEM wheels will not work with kit, Use wheels w/max 4 5/8" BS.

I always liked the Rancho kit,,,, its a complete bolt on.

·
5,089 Posts
I think it's the OEM 17's that won't fit, email them and find out

and it'll look a little funny but it's not permanent

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
If they can't tell you if your OEM's will fit, take one off, and measure the backspacing yourself... much easier just to ask them though.
The 20's will look OK, but I'm sure they would need some beef to actually look GOOD. Like Chauncy said, it's temporary. We don't all have the money to buy lifts, and rims, and tires in one shot. I lifted a Dakota about 2 years ago, and ran the stock tires for about a month, before I could put the mudders on it.
So if your 20's don't fit with a lift... are you looking to sell them?

·
5,089 Posts
well, I bought my wheels and some 305 50 20's on my 20x10's, and drove around for like 6 months on a 2500 4x4 with a low profile tire, 5" sidewall, 12" away from fender wells

you'll manage

btw, look into 37x13.50r17 Nitto Mud Grappler's, they're absolutely great :D

also make 37x13.50r18 and 37x13.50r20 if you're into the big wheel thing too :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
cfknight said:
I found a 4x4 shop that will install a lift for me...6" for the front 3.5-4" rear for $1800. It is a FABTECH PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION SYSTEM. Has anyone heard of this brand and is it worth it?? www.fabtechmotorsports.com

Yep very good kits :) and excellent support and customer service. When you order if you havent allready ... make sure they order them in blue powder coat or what every color you want .... but from Fabtech you get blue or black(no color) When I got my spindles for my last truck they cam unpainted black and thats the only thing i wished i would have known first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here is the Fabtech lift on my 02 1500 4x4. This is the FIRST truck with the new Fabtech kit, it has been on since Thanksgiving last year. I really like it.

Make sure you get the aluminum rear blocks for the rear. The steel ones will break. I broke both of mine. Fabtech is most likely shipping with the better blocks by now. They had allot of them break.

Try to get the upper A-arm cams if you can. The shop can call Fabtech and find out where to order them. They keep the upper a-arm from moving in the alignment slots. I included a pic. Must have.

You will have to get different rims. The stock backspacing will not clear the new suspension parts.

Enjoy..

Attachments

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theduneguy said:
Here is the Fabtech lift on my 02 1500 4x4. This is the FIRST truck with the new Fabtech kit, it has been on since Thanksgiving last year. I really like it.

Make sure you get the aluminum rear blocks for the rear. The steel ones will break. I broke both of mine. Fabtech is most likely shipping with the better blocks by now. They had allot of them break.

Try to get the upper A-arm cams if you can. The shop can call Fabtech and find out where to order them. They keep the upper a-arm from moving in the alignment slots. I included a pic. Must have.

You will have to get different rims. The stock backspacing will not clear the new suspension parts.

Enjoy..
thanx..that pic is what I was lookin for

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm a skyjacker fan myself, with the option of rear replacement springs and being able to clear 37's (its a true 6 inches of lift)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
When you do get new wheels think about getting 17"-18" if you go offroad, having more sidewall will protect the wheels and also you can air down more and get more traction. Even if you don't go offroad more tire is nice incase you have to hop a curb, etc. Can't wait to see it and with the deal you're talking about you will be able to get new wheels and tires sooner.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Got35s? said:
i'm a skyjacker fan myself, with the option of rear replacement springs and being able to clear 37's (its a true 6 inches of lift)
you could clear 37s on most any 6" lift if you have the right amount of backspacing with a 8" wide wheel

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my fabtech lift. It will work with the OEM 20's, it will not with the OEM 17's. Do a search on my username and you will see a pic in there that someone took of their 1500 with 20's that he rode around on for a while till his new rims and tires came in.

Here is mine:

Few more pics: http://canyoncarvers.net/truck/truck.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fabtech is very reputable...they have been around for atleast 8 years...my friend had fabtech on his 98 f-150 and had no problems...i had fabtech on my 01 tundra and had no problems...dont see y ud get problems for a dodge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.