DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after 3 cases of beer, and15 bottles of gatorade (it was pretty hot this weekend) the lift is finally done!! I haven't got my new tires on yet (they get mounted tomorrow) The last few pics I took in the dark so they aren't very good. I had to take the pass side pics in sections because it was dark. I will get more up tomorrow with the new tires...

Drivers side apart

Pass side apart

New crossmembers installed

Pass side back together

Lift on and all 4 wheels back on the ground!!

Drivers side

Pass side front

Pass side rear

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i think that would look sick with 33s on like a 12"wheel, but i cant wait to see it with those 36s, i think i lead you the right way, lol only if i could of talked you into the other tires, but i think it will look sick with these tires. and everyone else haha i got to see the truck before everyone else

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks good so far. Cant wait to see it with the tires:)

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raj you ALMOST had me talked into the mud grapplers. If you would've worked on me a little more I would have got them!!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
looks good, can't wait to see the bigger tires!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
lucky8926 said:
Raj you ALMOST had me talked into the mud grapplers. If you would've worked on me a little more I would have got them!!!

i think these tires are going to look sick too, i cant wait for the pictures with the tires.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok it's one thing after another. The shop called and said they got the tires mounted, balanced and the front end aligned......but, the front tires are rubbing on the steering knuckles!!!!!! They put a few washers on to see if that would help but it was still rubbing. They're going to check around to see if there is a wheel spacer available and some longer studs. It's just one thing after another on this project!! My last option is buy new rims with an offset so they won't rub. I was trying to avoid getting new rims.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Looks good so far... I was anxiously awaiting these pics. Can't wait for some more, in the light too :rck: :rck:

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
I would say try a wider wheel. You are runing a 14" wide tire on a 9" wide wheel, not a good combo. With a wider wheel the bead of the tire can seat easier and the sidewalls will not have to streach as much to fit on the wheel. What this all means is that with a wider wheel (I would say MINIMUM 10", preferable 12") you will get less strain on the tire bead and it can seat on the wheel alot easier and will not have a much of a "bubbled out" sidewall, if you know what I mean. I say with a wider wheel you may get the clearance you need since the sidewall wont protrude as much as it is now.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New rims is my last option, I hate to spend even more $$, but if I have to I guess I will. Then I will have to decide on rims!!!

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
lucky8926 said:
New rims is my last option, I hate to spend even more $$, but if I have to I guess I will. Then I will have to decide on rims!!!
I think it is inevitable and you eventually will have to, especially for the reasons already stated by NHRam

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks gret I just got mine delivered to house yesterday (4" Rough Country) but als oyesterday tire company called and sadi ti was goin to be an extra week before they come so know I wont get them until next firday. Maybe I will go your route and get lift installed next thursday and just go around with the stock tires for awhile. I was going to istall it myself but it has been so damn hot here I dont think I will ever get it done when my garage is over 100 degrees. Also I think ti would take me way to long although I am mechaniccally inclined I have never done anything this big.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a pretty big project. I would highly recommend having someone help you. I don't think I could've got mine done if I didn't have my friend helping me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
lucky, fix the wheel problem yet?

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Looks good, I'm planning on installing the same lift. I noticed in Skyjackers instructions state that the crossover pipe needs modification after this lift is installed (see the pic below). Did you have to do this?

Also, did you get the lift kit with the add-a-leaf or replacement rear springs?

Attachments

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
trance junkie,
I got spacers ordered and they shipped them next day so hopefully I get them tomorrow and they can get put on and I can get it back on the road!! I'll keep everyone updated and post some pics when I can.

dstryker,
Yea i'm going to have to modify the exhaust. The front driveshaft runs right through where the pipe is.I haven't done it yet I just took the driveshaft off until I can get it done. I won't be needing four wheel drive anytime soon anyway.
I got the kit with the blocks for the rear. I checked around and alot of people said unless you do alot of towing you don't really need the rear springs, the blocks will be fine.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
Lucky lets start planning your wheels :D

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Thanks for the info, Keep us up to date on the crossover pipe mod when you actually do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.