DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember what height my garage doors are (average height for new doors), but at what size lift can you not get the truck into a garage anymore? I want it higher, but need to still be able to get it in the garage.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a full 8' door and I can fit my 2500 with 4.5" of lift and 35's with about 3" to spare.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
if I try to pull into my garage it hits about 12" down on the windshield :D

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
mines 80" clear.

mike

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
You can always take a tape measure and measure the lowest point in your garage, then subtract the hight of your truck. That will tell you how much higher you can go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'd just park the truck with the cab under the door (assuming you don't have a cap, the cab should be the highest point on your truck) and measure how much space you have left, I'd play it safe and leave at least 4" or so just incase.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
jayincali said:
You can always take a tape measure and measure the lowest point in your garage, then subtract the hight of your truck. That will tell you how much higher you can go.
Yeah that's what you need to do...... many garage heights and door heights are different...... mine is particularly low for some reason, my stock 4x4 barely goes into it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Bigger Garage!
When I was house hunting a few years back one of my main concerns was the garage. You can find alot of big garages, but alot of them still have 7 foot doors and are shallow. I ended up finding a house with a 26x50 garage with 9' ceilings and the doors open to about 8'. My 2500 with a 5" lift and 37's fits with a litlle room to spare.

George

·
Registered
204 Posts
I went one step further and built my own garage. 9' ceiling and a full opening 8' door. Would have went higher but those darn ordinances :booty:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
6" lift and 35's

you'll only gain about 2-3" of actually lift, maybe 5

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chauncy said:
6" lift and 35's

you'll only gain about 2-3" of actually lift, maybe 5
Ok, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very good with suspension work, but how would you only gain 2-3"?

The 35's, if they have a true diameter of 35" would give you 1". So the lift would only come out to around 2 inches? Is it not rated correctly or what?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shamrock said:
Ok, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very good with suspension work, but how would you only gain 2-3"?

The 35's, if they have a true diameter of 35" would give you 1". So the lift would only come out to around 2 inches? Is it not rated correctly or what?
anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.