DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
02 4.7 here with 158k on the odometer and no major problems...Im so confident with this motor that Im upgrading to a larger cam real soon :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have most of the stuff you guys have in my 03 4.7. I have a speed shop that I use for mods and he advises me against the 456's. He suggests 410 but I tell him that the feed back is not much difference from the 395 that come stock. Its an expensive proposition as I have a 4 wheel drive. Hows the rPM's when your doing 70 or so on the high way? Is it mor efun around town?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I have most of the stuff you guys have in my 03 4.7. I have a speed shop that I use for mods and he advises me against the 456's. He suggests 410 but I tell him that the feed back is not much difference from the 395 that come stock. Its an expensive proposition as I have a 4 wheel drive. Hows the rPM's when your doing 70 or so on the high way? Is it mor efun around town?
Im running 4.56 gears with 315/70/17 tires and at 65 mph my rpms are at 1900. I upgraded from the 3.55 gear ratio and I'm highly satisfied with them. The only regret is not getting 4.88s.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Man the 4.56 gears made this truck ALOT more fun and daily driving it seems like less stress on drive train and motor. It just goes man!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
im at a 128k on my '04 with absolutely no motor problems, and i have a good customer with 300k on his '06, probably more by now, and he's had no problems at all. his truck is the reason im so confident in my motor to last lol

·
ol faithful
826 Posts
Hey guys so i traded off my 97 ram and got a 07 QC 4.7. Just got done with all my mods, Superchips cortex, cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust with magnaflow Y-Pipe, and best mod so far...4.56 gears!!:rck: I am just wondering what effects does driving habbits have on the life of these motors? I very rarely get over 2k rpm's. Just baby this truck for now...but any input would be helpfull. Thanks!!
Don't baby it. The 4.7 motor is a tough motor. It can handle any abuse you put to it. The hemi can handle it better though but nothing wrong with the 4.7 motor. I do everything with mine and it takes it like a champ.:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You guys were right about mods never end...just installed a system in truck yesterday. two 10" pioneers aubs and a jl audio 500.1 amp. LOVE THIS TRUCK GUYS!!!

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
You guys were right about mods never end...just installed a system in truck yesterday. two 10" pioneers aubs and a jl audio 500.1 amp. LOVE THIS TRUCK GUYS!!!
I believe you got it bad ... :rck:

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
WOW, 2k rpms. I don't have a 4.7. Just a 3.7, but it sees 5800/5900 every day! Thats about where it shifts. I drive it hard, if it can't take it, then I don't want it!
Congrats on your new truck. I'm glad you got it the way you wanted it and are happy. To me that's what owning a Mopar is about.

Oh and I highlighted this post because that's how I drive the Challenger

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I know a must is the factory Y-pipe. That thing is crap. I dont see any real reason to run true duals, just go with 3" pipe into either a flowmaster or magnaflow, which ever sound your looking for, and you should be fine. I know alot of people like the dumped exhaust, but i like mine ran strait out the back with big chrome tips!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.