DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I go with a 2" or 2.5" levelling kit can I also put a add a leaf or something in the back to stiffen it up a bit,and what kit seems to work the best.I'm thinking of ditching my stock 20's for 17's and want to know what backspacing I need and what size tire I can run with no rub issues?I'm new to dodge and when I go over a bump my front end seems to bounce like an old crown vic,is this normal or do I need new shocks?Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Most of the kits are the same...
I think you can get 33's easily with the keys..
Sounds like you need new shocks

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
need some details on your truck

By the way....the stock 20s come with 33" tires on 'em.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
need some details on your truck

By the way....the stock 20s come with 33" tires on 'em.
Truck is a 2007 quad cab 4x4 with 20" rims.Want to go with 17" dick cepek dc1 black rims and a 35 " tire,just not too sure on what tire yet.I also need shocks as well.What is the better of the levelling kits?

·
Registered
184 Posts
if you can ditch the stock shocks do it. Mine blew out with in six months. I went with rancho 5000 because thats all they had at the time. It seem to make the truck ride a lot better.

I just added the leveling kit and the front sits a little lower than the back. but it does make difference. It has alot better stance than it did before.

i also run 33" inch nittos on and they dont rub at all anywhere

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
when it comes to the kits, I am not sure if there is a "better" one. The main differences are 2 and 2.5" kits. Some say the 2.5s put too much strain on the CVs, and cause vibration. Some have seen that with their 2" kits.

I have a Hell Bent Steel kit. Seems very solid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.