DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Dodge 1500 single cab and I've been trying to level it out but the places I've been to to get it done keep telling me that changing out the shackles wont do it. Does anybody know what i can do to level out the back.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Check the sport truck forum. Slammed1 can hook it up. www.slammed1.com/contact You can use drop shackles and pull the overload leaf.

KB

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ryan, how would you go about what you've described? Is that available from slammed1 as well?

I don't like the thought of lowering my truck at all =P

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
To raise the front of a 2wd you can just use coil spacers. They will raise your truck from 1"-2"s depening on what thickness spacer you get. If you have a 4wd, you can just crank the torsion bars 4-7 turns.

KB

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
KB112 said:
To raise the front of a 2wd you can just use coil spacers. They will raise your truck from 1"-2"s depening on what thickness spacer you get. If you have a 4wd, you can just crank the torsion bars 4-7 turns.

KB
stupid question, how would i to that.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The spacers or the torsion bars. The spacers you would remove the front shock and unbolt the control arms. Place the spacer on top of the springs and bolt it back up basically.

The torsion bars you can do by just ratcheting em higher. I will post a link to a how-to for you. You should get a front end alignment after any suspension mod by the way.

Torsion Bar link: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123466

KB

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
what would you do KB. would you do the TB or the torison key. what is the difference, and is there a part you can buy to level it like the fords have, and if there is and i go that route should i get a alignment after.
thanks nick

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Man there have been heated debates over whether or not to crank your torsion bars or buy new keys. LOL :) Personally I have a lowered 2wd so I don't have any experience with this first hand. But I have known of many, many members here on the site that have cranked their bars and have reported zero problems.

Now if you crank it like 5-6 turns max I think you will be just fine. When you start cranking 8 turns and such, I think your asking for problems. But just enough to level it or get it near level should be okay. Also be aware that you may have to crank one side more than the other. Only because the sides may not be equal height and you can just measure them and make it even for ya. Hopefully this helps, but check out the 4x4 forum and you'll find a lot of info if you do a search there. :tup:

KB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.