DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok give me crap i could care less what ya think but I want to lower the rear of my truck so it is a little closer to level then it is now(stock). And yes it is a 4X4. I just got my wheels put on yesterday and the slant is sooo obvious I hate it. I don't need it totally level, but better then it is now. What is the simplest way to do it and cheapest? I have heard about the spring clamps but I don't know about those. Just want something that will make my rig look better but not be too obvious, don't want the dad to realize it:) Alright thanks guys, Pat.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might just try to put them on myself if i go that route.

· Registered
10,894 Posts
Order a set up Ground Force Shackles for Slammed1...They are the lowest shackles on the market and will give you pretty close to a 2 inch drop....And if you want to go a little lower after that, then remove your overload springs...

· Registered
22,981 Posts
GroundForce shackles, remove overload, or middle leaf. Cost of install is free in your own garage :D. Just need some jackstands and a jack and a few wrenches etc. The shackle has a t-50 or t-55 bit needed to remove it.

KB

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the overload spring, is that the one on the bottom?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Yeah, the overload is the short thick leaf on bottom.

KB

· Registered
281 Posts
Since you have a 4x4 you can crank your tortion bars up about 1/2in or 1in (Plus the shackles) and it would be pretty level. I had a 4x4 before this one and all i did was crank the tortion bars up a little over an inch and it was pretty close to level. Thats what i would do if i had rims on a 4x4. I know u probably dont want to do any raising to your ride but the tortion bar would only need about 1/2 like i said. Nothing noticable.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since you have a 4x4 you can crank your tortion bars up about 1/2in or 1in (Plus the shackles) and it would be pretty level. I had a 4x4 before this one and all i did was crank the tortion bars up a little over an inch and it was pretty close to level. Thats what i would do if i had rims on a 4x4. I know u probably dont want to do any raising to your ride but the tortion bar would only need about 1/2 like i said. Nothing noticable.
Yeah maybe if I had bigger tires on it I'de crank the torsion bars, but I like the gap right now between the top of my front tires and my fender. So I'm gonna try to get as close to that level as I can.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So when i get the lowering shackles and IF I remove the overload springs, how much of a total drop should I expect? About 2-3 inches I would think?

· Registered
1,357 Posts
2.5-2.75in if you put shackles and remove the over load

· Registered
222 Posts
hemiram? Can you show pics of before and after of this small project? I am very interested in doing this, and want to get a feel of what to expect by doing this mod.
Thanks!

· Registered
1,357 Posts

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, yeah I will post some pics of my truck before the new shackles and after just to see the difference on the outside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.