DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 4x4. Its sitting on 305/70/16 goodyears. I have a 3'' body lift on it now. Stock it came with 3'' block lift on the back axle. It is sitting unlevel. The back is higher than the front. Im looking at getting a coil spacer to level it out but dont knoe what one to get. Should i get the 3'' coil spacer because the back has a 3'' block? Wouldnt it sit level then? Please help.

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
you said stock then just get a 2" coil spacer will level it out if you go 3" the rear will be a little higher than the front. The other way to do it correctly is park it on a level spot and measure the wheel wells mark it with tape then jack the front up by the axle with a floor jack untill it sits where you want then measure the wheel well again and see how far it went up thats how much you want

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is messed up. Y would a 2'' coil spacer level it out? Theres a 3'' block on the back. I measured the wheel wells and in in front there is a 3'' difference.

· Registered
99 Posts
I post this not knowing everything. The Dodge Rams came with a factory rake to them stock. "the ass end sits higher, usually about 2 inches". The 3 inch block that you have in your rear suspension is normal or stock so to speak. Some of the trucks come with the 3" like mine and yours and some come with a 1" block if I remember correctly. The easiest and most practically way to level your truck would be to add a coil spacer to the front suspension. As stated above a 2" would work nicely seeing how the factory rake is about 2". It is a very simple fix and not much money. To learn more about it do a search if you have not already for leveling. There is lots of information about different options out there.

· Registered
39 Posts
I just answered your PM about my truck. You should get the 2" spacer to level your truck. Even with that the rear will eventually be too low, and that will look even worse IMO ( kind of like a prerunner style )
Keep in mind with it sitting perfectly level, anytime you add any weight to the bed, or pull a trailer the back will sag down.

· Registered
149 Posts
don't forget you have to get longer shocks if you get a leveling kit up front.

also, do some searches on here for 'leveling kit' and you should find a lot of info and pics.

· Creature Of The Wheel
8,879 Posts
top gun customs is one choice, satisfied with my purchase.

· Big Green
8,340 Posts
You can not measure the back and front wheel wells. Like I said measure the front in one spot that you mark. Then use a floor jack to raise the front stand at the side and see where you like the way it looks. Then measure the same wheel well where you marked it. I will bet you 2 Inches will level it out and look good. Don't even think about the rear block as it's size means nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.