DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to put a 2" leveling kit on my 2003 Ram 2500 w/ a diesel and was wondering if I could fit 35's on the stock rims? Any pics with this combo would be great. I don't want to put tires that fill up the whole wheel well and look like crap. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you may have rubbing at full lock on the control arms due to the stock wheel as it sits so far in ie the backspacing. nothing to worry about. I am runnin 35s on h2 wheels bone stock on my 06.

what kit are you using. I am going to get the lorenz bilstein kit.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Some guys think the stock wheels sit in too far but with 35" they don't look bad, and they don't rub the fender's or bumper. Control arms?

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
i have this setup and i ran 35's on stock rims for a while. they do rub at full lock but not bad. i now have rims with 4.5 backspacing and they hardly rub but only when going through a dip or something at full lock. ill try to get a couple pictures up later on

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I was hoping you guys would say no rubbing with 35's, but I knew you wouldn't. I'm going to need new tires before long, and I don't have the money for a lift kit (I want the Kore Chase Series) so I'm going to go with the leveling kit. Looks like I'll have to go with some 33's to be safe.

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Heck find the wheels you want, and just make sure if they are 9" wide, that they have 5" of backspacing. That's what I have on mine, and 35s fit stock heigth with the 17x9 wheels w/ 5" backspacing, no rubbing at all.

·
9,640 Posts
As big as these trucks are, I want to be able to have the wheel at full lock when doing things like turning around in the woods. I get into some tight spots during hunting season, and I would hate to limit my ability to turn around just because I wanted a little bigger tire.

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
04Ram2500Hemi said:
As big as these trucks are, I want to be able to have the wheel at full lock when doing things like turning around in the woods. I get into some tight spots during hunting season, and I would hate to limit my ability to turn around just because I wanted a little bigger tire.
honestly it doesn't limit your turning ability at all. you can turn all the way even with stock rims its just going to rub a bit. won't do any damage except wear off a little paint from the control arm

·
Registered
44 Posts
other thing is pending on what you are trying to accomplish 33s may not get it for you all i cared about was a taller tire the width of the 33s was why I did not go with them most 33s are only 32.3 or so tall and nearly 13 wide even though they say 33/12.50 at least what I saw so if that is the case. 13" wide tire will probaly rub the same way.
I say this as I would like to see more taller tires with less width i used to run 255/85/16 on my chevy not to wide but good and tall. We need more 80 series tires actually any would be good. a descent size if you can find a tire in it is the 295 /70 /17 not real wide but about 33.5 tall only two manufactures that i know of nitto terra and toyo mt

·
9,640 Posts
The 33x12.50's sounds like the safe bet, but I really want to run 35x12.50's. I'm going to seriously have to take a close look at this. If anybody has a pic of a 2500 with 35's and a leveling kit I would love to see them. I'm interested in a full lock picture on stock rims (sorry to be a pain in the ass).

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
sorry these were the only decent pictures i could find...i didnt have any that are entirely side shots but you get the idea. i dont have my truck right now or else i would go take a picture of the full lock

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
04Hemi2005 you truck looks nice..

Are those the Toyo AT in 325x70r17? What size lift do you have on?

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
kmu said:
04Hemi2005 you truck looks nice..

Are those the Toyo AT in 325x70r17? What size lift do you have on?
thanks a lot. they are actually cooper atr's and 315's. i have the 2" rancho leveling kit and i'm going to put 2" lift blocks on the rear this weekend or next

·
9,640 Posts
04hemi2500 said:
sorry these were the only decent pictures i could find...i didnt have any that are entirely side shots but you get the idea. i dont have my truck right now or else i would go take a picture of the full lock
Are those 35's on the stock rims?

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
yea the first pic is. they are the same tires in both just different rims

·
9,640 Posts
I think I've made up my mind, I'll be going with 35's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts