DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an 08 1500 and love it! I want to put the hbs 2.5" leveling kit on it, I was wondering with that leveling kit I was thinking of running a toyo m/t 35x12.5x20 tire on a set of fuel offroad throttle wheels. My options for those wheels is 20x9 with 5" backspacing and +1 offset, or 20x9 with 5.50" back and +14 offset, or 20x10 with 5" back and -12 offset, with those wheel options what would be my best bet for no tire rub?

·
RamIt
5 Posts
08QuadCTD you are wrong...here is a pic of my 04 dodge ram! 35x12.50x20 toyo open country m/t 3" torsion keys and 1" rear block and NO SPACERS NEEDED they do not even rub at full lock

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
i often wondered the same thing. i wanted 35's but i only had a level. nice truck man! i like the look of tires like that on stock rims.

and as for ncorey.

i have a level. my rims im pretty sure the place said were -20 offset. i have 275 70 18 toyo open country at. and i dont even come close to rubbing

·
Registered
757 Posts
i run the procomp 2.5 level/1.5 rear block toyo 35x12.5 20's on stock rims they slighty rub at full lock but thats it, looks great too! ill try to snap some pics for you today

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
wow this is the first I've seen sayin they dont rub. I've been planing to have to run spacers for the 35x12.5's on my stockers. Can I see some pics of lock to lock and the tire to uca area please.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think theres no way on an 08 my stock tire only has like an inch it looks like.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My 35's rub the inner fender liner a little while turning at full lock if I hit a bump or cause the suspension to travel any.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Oh and welcome to Dodge talk and 3rd gen RAM ownership. Sweet looking trucks!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It seems the new school of thought is that nothing fits.. However, back in '05-ish when I was a new member, guys were throwing 36" x 13.5" x 20" Irok radials on stock rims with just a torsion crank and having no rub.

·
RamIt
5 Posts
N1K I will try to post some pics of my truck at full lock. all i did was bought a 3" torsion key and 1" rear blocks off ebay from supreme suspension lifts. this kit also came with shock extender brackets so that you can use your stock shocks. the tires miss the front and back of the fenders by about 1/2" and as far as the upper control arm well the 12.50 wide tires miss it by about an 1/8" but it DOES NOT RUB

·
Registered
757 Posts
heres mine with the toyos on stock 20s 2.5 level 1.5 block

·
Registered
952 Posts
It seems the new school of thought is that nothing fits.. However, back in '05-ish when I was a new member, guys were throwing 36" x 13.5" x 20" Irok radials on stock rims with just a torsion crank and having no rub.
In my personal opinion it seems that it is subjective on what fits, in my example my tires do not touch anything when sitting still with the wheel turned, but if I am braking or going through a dip and turning (close to full lock) then my tires rub. It depends on the scenario, but for the most part mine fit. So in the eyes of someone who offroads then they wont fit, however if someone drives on road and watches what they do then they probably will fit. On a side note backspace is pretty important, I know that with a 3 inch lift on the 3/4 tons they can fit a 37 if they use the correct wheel.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
In my personal opinion it seems that it is subjective on what fits, in my example my tires do not touch anything when sitting still with the wheel turned, but if I am braking or going through a dip and turning (close to full lock) then my tires rub. It depends on the scenario, but for the most part mine fit. So in the eyes of someone who offroads then they wont fit, however if someone drives on road and watches what they do then they probably will fit. On a side note backspace is pretty important, I know that with a 3 inch lift on the 3/4 tons they can fit a 37 if they use the correct wheel.
For sure...the tire brand matters as well. Not all tires measure the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.