DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Ram 2500 QC 4x4 on order (Feb. 2) it's taking a wile to get here. I have heard talk about the leveling kit for the 2500/3500 Ram's. The one's that use a "spacer" on top of the coil to raise the front end. Does this void your warr. , change ride at all, how much and what is the biggest tire I would be able to put on after, I thought I heard 35's but I dont realy know. Any input would be helpful

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
I have a 2" level kit for sale $100 plus shipping. It does not change the ride or void the warranty. heck nobody even noticed I had it on when I would bring it in for service. I had 35" tires on my truck with plenty of room.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I replaced my springs completely with a 2" higher spring. With the BFG 315's(which they say are 34.5") I have no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hey fellas, on the 2500 can u get a 2" higher spring and shock and that level it out or would u need to get new higher, or longer, don;t know how u say it, shocks in the rear also? i am looking at getting a new either 1500, or 2500 and just want to get a few questions answered b4 i buy. which truck would u guys suggest? i would get a hemi by the way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2500 without question. When it came time for me to buy a truck I looked at the price diff. not much diff. at all. You do not pay for the Hemi, it is standad, soild live axle in front not that independant crap ( had enough of that with my Dak ), it sits higher feels more solid. I just think it is a better truck than the 1500's. And I do not plan to tow anythig big or realy have a use for a 2500 any more than a 1500. Up to now all I have ever owned is Dakota's and I do mean that, I have had 4 Dak. and a motorcycle thats it. So when it came time to move to a full size truck I went by a true MOPAR saying "GO BIG OR GO HOME" that's my 2 cents worth

Attachments

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
IF you get the 2500 and the Hemi, GET 4.10'S 3.73's are crap with the Hemi

or go CTD and rule the roost :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
Chauncy said:
IF you get the 2500 and the Hemi, GET 4.10'S 3.73's are crap with the Hemi

or go CTD and rule the roost :p
Words I wish I would've heeded over a year ago.:whackit: But, I still love my truck. :SPIN:

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
Yeah get the 2500, cause you WILL lift it at some point and the lift for a 2500 is SSSOOOO much cheaper and can handle more then the 1500 lifts can.

·
Registered
442 Posts
db3812 said:
hey fellas, on the 2500 can u get a 2" higher spring and shock and that level it out or would u need to get new higher, or longer, don;t know how u say it, shocks in the rear also? i am looking at getting a new either 1500, or 2500 and just want to get a few questions answered b4 i buy. which truck would u guys suggest? i would get a hemi by the way.
When I raised my front 2", I rode on the stock shock for about 2 months. You dont NEED longer shocks, but if you hit a bump hard enough, you will feel the truck "top out". The rear of the truck is not affected at all.
I would suggest the 2500 also. Like KTS said, eventually, you will lift it. I heard that if you just level the front end of the 2500, that is equalivent to a 6" lift on a 1500. I would also recommend getting the Cummins. This is my first diesel and that is all I will own from now on. Just test drive the HEMI and then a CTD......you'll see ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
For a coil spacer 2 inch front leveling kit, which material is better (steel, aluminum, or polyurethane) and why? Will I need a spring compressor to install? Are new longer springs superior to coil spacers? Any recommendations for a manufacturer? I tow an ATV trailer that weighs about 1200 lbs (nothing for my 2500) quite a bit and a 27 foot travel trailer (7K lbs) about 200 miles twice a year. That's alot of questions. Oh, one more thing, 2500 is the only way to go. Like joe said above, "GO BIG OR GO HOME". Thanks!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I have the superlift 2" coil springs. I decided to go with a new spring because I heard a few horror stories about noises and problems with the spacers...(probably due to poor installation) and the price was about the same. If you do the install yourself, then yes, you will need spring compressors.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
I have RevTek 2" spacers and Bilstein 5100 shocks. Did the install myself and didn't need spring compressors. Its very simple, all you have to do is drop the front axle and the springs will come out with out compressing them. The instructions I got with the RevTek kit were easy to understand but the photos weren't too good. I had a problem with my first set of RevTek spacers (so did a few others here), in that one stud on each side snapped off. I called them and they had no problem sending me a new set for free. They said there was a bad batch machined with crooked stud holes and some got through QA. I also rode the stock shocks for a bit and they do "top out" as stated previously. You dont NEED new shocks, but i would definately recommend them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2500 4x4 and used the tough country (bought it thru summitracing.com) Summit sells them with their name on them. Install was easy, only thing that I had to do that wasn't in the instructions was to remove the sway bar bolt to allow the spring to fully extend. Rides like stock, no noise or problems. Installed Rancho 9000X shocks (also bought at Summitracing) all around, rides excellent! Shocks were super easy to install. Waiting for my Toyo MT 35X12.5X17's.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
fastc4 said:
I have a 2500 4x4 and used the tough country (bought it thru summitracing.com) Summit sells them with their name on them. Install was easy, only thing that I had to do that wasn't in the instructions was to remove the sway bar bolt to allow the spring to fully extend. Rides like stock, no noise or problems. Installed Rancho 9000X shocks (also bought at Summitracing) all around, rides excellent! Shocks were super easy to install. Waiting for my Toyo MT 35X12.5X17's.

Toyo is making that tire in a 17?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all of your replies...

You are all giving me alot of great info. Now if I can just convince my wife that the truck doesn't NEED to fit in the garage anymore....(She uses the truck as her daily driver, which thankfully is only about 10 miles a day or else I'd need to sell a kidney to keep gas in this beast). And I saw this topic in another forum but there isn't anything hotter than a 5'4", 110 woman jumping (literally) in and out the drivers seat of a Heavy Duty....

·
Registered
62 Posts
netmanager75 said:
You are all giving me alot of great info. Now if I can just convince my wife that the truck doesn't NEED to fit in the garage anymore....(She uses the truck as her daily driver, which thankfully is only about 10 miles a day or else I'd need to sell a kidney to keep gas in this beast). And I saw this topic in another forum but there isn't anything hotter than a 5'4", 110 woman jumping (literally) in and out the drivers seat of a Heavy Duty....
ESPECIALY IF SHES WEARING A SKIRT :thatfunny :whackit:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, The Toyo's are hard to find cause they're so popular, they've only been out for a few months but mine should arrive on the 25th. 35X12.5X17

·
Registered
8 Posts
I finally got my 315/70R17 BFG's on...

Thanks to everyone for their advice (and the other 28 or so threads about the same subject/tires :D ) . I scored some brand new H2 takeoffs of my friend for $500, plus the cost to mount and balance my stock tires on his rims and vice versa ($65). I added a Skyjacker 2.5 inch coil spring replacement leveling kit, plus longer Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks for the front ($245 shipped from Summit). Took about 4 hours (including time to get tires swapped). Ride feels the same, no rubbing, will post again about the MPG difference. Here are some before and after pics...

Attachments

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
netmanager75 said:
Thanks to everyone for their advice (and the other 28 or so threads about the same subject/tires :D ) . I scored some brand new H2 takeoffs of my friend for $500, plus the cost to mount and balance my stock tires on his rims and vice versa ($65). I added a Skyjacker 2.5 inch coil spring replacement leveling kit, plus longer Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks for the front ($245 shipped from Summit). Took about 4 hours (including time to get tires swapped). Ride feels the same, no rubbing, will post again about the MPG difference. Here are some before and after pics...
looks good, keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.