DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
danimalhemi24
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to level my rig without cranking the bars. Who makes a good kit for my 2003 5.7 1500 4x4??? Anybody have any opinions??? Thanks

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
only other option is shackles to bring the rear down

or a full fledged lift kit, which is 1500$ for 6", or 1400$ for 4"

·
Registered
57 Posts
There was 2 writeups in this months 4 x 4 magazines. One was pro-comp and the other was rough country. They were stating how much they like the Rough Country set up because thay actually did the install in 4 hours and the quality of the lift. Rough Country seems to be the cheapest lift on the market for the 1500's right now, like 1330.00 and that includes shocks and shipping! Its the one I am going with when I get a few more dollars saved up. There is a couple of guys running that lift on the forum here.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I got a level kit on my truck, I did the install my self, I replaced the Keys where the Torsion Bar slides into. It was a Pain in the A**, My truck is lever but was told the alignment isnt to factory specs like the write up for the keyways says. I bairly have the bolts tight on the Keyway, So far I have only had it on for a little over 2,000 miles and have not noticed any funny tire wear, I have the 20" tires so you can imagine how it would suck to replace them in such a short time due to an improper alignemnt. I am thinking when I get some extra money I am going to put the truck back to a factory state and then install a Real Lift kit. I may decide to leave it not sure yet, I change my plans like I change my underwear which is every day LOL. Take a look at the pictures on my profile so you can get an idea of the before and after pics of the front end lift, I have not lifted the back as of yet and not sure if I will to give it that sloped look, The other thing to look at is your gas mileage will change because you are giving more wind resistance, my mileage changed for the worse but only 1 mpg so it was not a conern of mine but now I am getting 12 to 13 city and 16 to 17.9 highway depending on how fast I go and how long I am driving on the highway with the cruise control set. If you would like some pics of the truck email me and I will send ya some of the truck I have before and after pics so you can get an idea.
Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.