DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to level my 2500 CTD but I am second guess things. I don't have a boat yet but it's in the plans and will around 8 or 9k pounds. If my truck is leveled, is the rear going to sag whenever I tow anything or drop a heavy load in the bed.
I assume that's why the front end is lower out of the factory? so when you're towing or hauling a load the truck will be level?

Any pics of leveled 2500's towing something heavy? should I not worry about this?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If it becomes a problem, you could always put airbags in the back to help keep it level with heavy loads.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I did this to my 1/2 ton and i pulled a car trailer the other day and it sagged in the back. Will adding an add-a-leaf help fix this?

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
yes, the add-a-leaf will fix it and give you the stock rake back, so basically your whole truck will be lifted 2" or so

I advise looking into the air-assist airbag system instead

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes, part of the reason why the rear-end sits higher is to handle heavy loads of towing/hauling.

Do some research and find out what your 'tonque' weight should be for your vehicle and the load you are hauling (for a stable towing experience). This will ultimately predict how much (if any) the rear end will squat.

If it 'levels out' - you are fine. However - I'd inspect the rear suspension (while loaded) to see how much room you have till you bottom out at the bumpstops.

I would also highly recommend an airbag system also.

Add-A-Leafs aren't really designed for hauling - they're only designed for lifting the weight of your truck up. The extra stress on them could break them and a waste of money (if you ask me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.