DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does leveling your truck void factory warranty, because I am about to level my truck this weekend with Belltech Shackles. Does anyone have any advice when leveling?

Will there be any difference in the way my truck rides, or anything else. As far as towing something, will I able to carry the same amount of weight?

Thank you,
KyleLC23
 

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
the can only void your warranty if they can prove it caused something to break, like if you level your truck and your trans goes they cant say its because its because of your leveling, now if your front suspension went out then they may have a chance then, hope this helps ya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,761 Posts
if they believe any aftermarket part that doesnt say Mopar cause's something or another to break or shortcircuit they will void your warrenty as long as it related to that specific part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Depends on what part of the warrenty your talking about. If your cruising down the road and your motor throws a rod. You won't have any warrenty issues. However, if you lower the rear end and then start getting some wierd driveline vibrations/etc then the dealership may try too say the modified suspension caused it.

You should be able to tow the same amount, the springs aren't changed so the payload shouldn't change.
 

·
crufootball
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
My truck lays frame and is cut to shit and i had warranty work done last week. It really depends on the Stealership. If the service manager is in to modified rides then they will probably do it. If he is a dick, then they will say something about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
thacru hit the nail on the head! I had one dealership bitch over everything, then I found another one that loves it and has even replaced parts (like my O2 sensors) that went bad because of a mod (headers and high flow cats, extenders). Its all the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
KyleLC23 said:
Does leveling your truck void factory warranty, because I am about to level my truck this weekend with Belltech Shackles. Does anyone have any advice when leveling?

Will there be any difference in the way my truck rides, or anything else. As far as towing something, will I able to carry the same amount of weight?

Thank you,
KyleLC23
Can I ask what you paid and where you got the kit? Is it just to lower the rear to make the truck level?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
505 Posts
If a service manager finds out you modified/changed your truck, and he refuses to warranty something because of it, he's dick??? Is that what was said??? That's ridiculous, that's what that comment it is. He would be doing his JOB if he denied someone warranty coverage in that case. Do you guys just think that you should be able to do whatever you want to your truck and still have warranty coverage?? I think most of you do, and that's absurd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
powerfulhemi said:
If a service manager finds out you modified/changed your truck, and he refuses to warranty something because of it, he's dick??? Is that what was said??? That's ridiculous, that's what that comment it is. He would be doing his JOB if he denied someone warranty coverage in that case. Do you guys just think that you should be able to do whatever you want to your truck and still have warranty coverage?? I think most of you do, and that's absurd.
No thats not whats being said. WHats being said is when a stealership doesnt want to fix a engine problem because the owner modified the suspension or somethig of that sorts. When a dealer pulls out some bs to void the warranty, that makes him a d#@$


Leveling shouldnt void your warrnty to non suspension related problems but if you do start getting BS just keep you stock shackles and switch them out
Batman
 

·
*********
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
Plus most people probally wouldn't even notice them. Unless you compare them to another truck or tell them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Amen!

And my point was that some dealerships are dicks!! I had my truck go in because I had some paint flaking off cross members and rear wheel wells. They fixed it but bitched the hole time. THen my 6 disk player took a shit on me, tried blaming that on me having an amp added on (it was a mech issue with the player). I pulled him aside and told him he hasn't a clue what he is talking about. He reluctantly agreed! I quite going to that dealership. A guy can be doing his job and not be a dick, then again a guy can just be a dick and do his job.
 

·
crufootball
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
If you ask me, when you pay 25,000.00 for a truck and then some "dick" wants to tell you that your leveling kit made your a/c compressor go out. Then he is a dick. We pay alot of money for these trucks and sometime extra for these warranties and when they nit pick like that, they are being dicks. Just my .02
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
505 Posts
Yeah, you guys are right. My dealer did that when I had my 2003 Ram. It had a driveline vibration from DAY 1 and they refused to do anything related to the vibration because I put a different brand of tire on the truck. I didn't change the size or anything, I just went from a crappy Goodyear to a Michelin. That was all it took. I ended up balancing the shaft at my own expense because of the dick service guy. And that really pissed me off because it was no skin of his nose at all.
 

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
Joined
·
6,865 Posts
powerfulhemi said:
Yeah, you guys are right. My dealer did that when I had my 2003 Ram. It had a driveline vibration from DAY 1 and they refused to do anything related to the vibration because I put a different brand of tire on the truck. I didn't change the size or anything, I just went from a crappy Goodyear to a Michelin. That was all it took. I ended up balancing the shaft at my own expense because of the dick service guy. And that really pissed me off because it was no skin of his nose at all.
So you see, Im sure almost all of us get that one manager or rep that acts like that.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top