DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I need some opinions. I have a 04' 2500 QC 4X4 Hemi. My wife put a set of 33X12.50X17's on it(I am in the Air Force serving currently in Iraq). My question is I am going to level it up 2" when I get back next year and I cannot decide on whether to use spacers or new coils, and still keep the stock shocks for the time being? I really appreciate any help.

I posted a few pics of the Hemi with the new meats and a new Flowmaster Delta series exhaust that my wife also had put on. She surprised me with these pics.

Attachments

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
I have an 04 just like yours, go with the blocks, they are cheaper and you'll probably just end up going bigger later hehe. I left my stock shocks on when I put my blocks on, and had no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I leveled mine with new Superlift Front Springs. I still need new tires (oem junk) The front sit's like 1/2" higher right now But they have only been on the truck for about 1,000 miles. They should drop down some once they get some miles on them.

·
2013 Laramie Power Wagon
2,024 Posts
After owning an '03 2500 and putting in spacers to level, I'd go for the coils + new shocks. Alot of people never had any problems with spacers but I did. I had RevTek 2" spacers and the studs kept snapping off them (went through 2 sets + new studs the 3rd time). Finally they sent me some stainless steel studs, traded the truck after that so I don't know how long they lasted. Also the spacers seemed to intensify the death wobble X 10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STL HEMI that is a great looking truck. So I guess in the long run it is jut personal preference on whether to use springs or spacers.

How is your ride now? I have heard of OEM shocks "bottoming out" on hard bumps. Have you had any problem with that?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Mine rides just like it did before the new coils went on. I don't have a front swaybar so the front end moves around a little sometimes but it's not bad. Also I have a dual steering stabilizer plus a pitman arm brace. I'll be replaceing the shocks at 60,000 miles with new Bilstein 5100's. I'm at 43,000 right now. They are starting to show their age though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been debating this same thing on my 06 I have h2s and 315/70 bfgs on it now but want to pick it up a little I think I am goikng to bite the bullet and get the lorenz kit 505 bucks for sprins bilsteis and all the other hardware not much more than spacers and shocks when it is all said and done and I should have a better ride. It is supposed to be equal to the Kore kit if not better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.