DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has done this. Using say the Fire & Ice LED bar and installing it in place of the factory 3rd brake light. My thinking is that I would cut a hole in that spot so the LED bar could mount inside the hole, similar to how the factory one does in order to give it a more natural look and not something that's just on there w/ two-sided sticky tape. It's an idea I've got going in my head that I think would look very cool. Anyone seen/done this?
Also, is there a translucent paint that would match the body? This way it would somewhat hide the light until you brake.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am sure it could be done, I don't think you want to cut a four foot groove in your cab to do it though. If you want to go that way I would reccomend you fill in your existing "hole" and mount the light inside the window similar to suv's. I don't know of any translucent pain that would match your green and I don't think that green lenses would satisfy the legal requirements. Just my 1/50th of a dollar

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
go to fbirides.com and look under their led section, they are having a big christmas sale which is buy one get one free on those led's. they are like 10" long and come with a metal bucket that gets welded in. what you basically do to get the look you want it shave the 3rd brake light, then weld in this bucked and led, mount the led and then block the plexy of the led as you block the primer and this will make it perfectly flush, then whe you go to paint it you can mist over it and then clear that and it will blend in and light up when you get on the brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.