DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Yes, resistors would be necessary for your vehicle application on a 2008 factory head lamps.

Head Lamps
1x LED Head Lamps:​
- please select "H13/9008 Low/High" for bulb fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Head_Lamps-pid1210.html
AND ADD-
2x LED Load Resistors (pairs)
- please select "6 Ohm (standard for turn signals" for fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Load_Resistor_pair-pid618.html

Fog Lamps
- please select "9006/HB4" for bulb fitment
Since the formatting on these forums does not want to work correctly.... its probably easier to contact customer service directly via email: [email protected]

·
Registered
636 Posts
I chatted with someone online today he said there not available for my 08 dodge ram it this true if not and there available list what I need n I will buy them now

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I chatted with someone online today he said there not available for my 08 dodge ram it this true if not and there available list what I need n I will buy them now
You would just need to tie in resistors to the factory wiring, on the low beam and high beam wires on each side. The list of items needed for the vehicle application are listed in the previous post, however because the formatting on the site here is not working it may be a little difficult to follow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In a 02 2500 sport package am I able to just remove the halogens in the headlamp and plug the led bulbs in or is there some modifying that has to be done? And are any capacitors, resistors or filters needed?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
In a 02 2500 sport package am I able to just remove the halogens in the headlamp and plug the led bulbs in or is there some modifying that has to be done? And are any capacitors, resistors or filters needed?
You would need to add in LED load resistors to the factory wiring, on the low beam and high beam wires on each side. Without them the vehicle will not allow the lamps to operate.

Head Lamps
- please select "9007/HB5 Low/High" for bulb fitment

AND ADD-
2x LED Load Resistors (pairs)
- please select "6 Ohm (standard for turn signals" for fitment
www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?LED_Load_Resistor_pair-pid618.html

Fog Lamps
- please select "9006/HB4" for bulb fitment

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
LED's?!?! Now we're talking. I've been kicking around the idea of HID's for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger because they're issue with the ballasts burning out. So I guess the question is, will these fit the stock '14 Sport Projector housings without modification (the note on your page mentions widening the opening in the housing on some models)? If they fit without modification, which bulbs do I need for low beams, and do I need any relays, harnesses, etc that need to be added to the order? $80 is a great price, but I want to make sure I don't need to modify my housings, and that I get everything I need the first time.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LED's?!?! Now we're talking. I've been kicking around the idea of HID's for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger because they're issue with the ballasts burning out. So I guess the question is, will these fit the stock '14 Sport Projector housings without modification (the note on your page mentions widening the opening in the housing on some models)? If they fit without modification, which bulbs do I need for low beams, and do I need any relays, harnesses, etc that need to be added to the order? $80 is a great price, but I want to make sure I don't need to modify my housings, and that I get everything I need the first time.
Customer service has already replied to an email also sent in regards to this. That has all the parts needed for the newer model Ram trucks with the projector head lamps like yours. Just let us know if you have any other questions in regards to the information or products!

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Got the email, thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.