DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to ask this in the 3rd gen section because you guys have had more time to actually get into your trucks and mod them.

I have the factory leather seats.. i wish to add a color insert just in the middle.

Can this be done? what can i expect to pay (not trying to get extorted when i call and sound confused)? and does anyone have any experience with something like this?

your thoughts?

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
That would look awesome bro..

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
I dont see that being any kinda probelm for a good shop. As far as price that is over my head, but I know it could jump around due to what fabric you choose. Maybe just call a few shops without giving too much information to get a base and then go to a shop and talk like you know whats what. :dunno:

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Im going to ask this in the 3rd gen section because you guys have had more time to actually get into your trucks and mod them.

I have the factory leather seats.. i wish to add a color insert just in the middle.

Can this be done? what can i expect to pay (not trying to get extorted when i call and sound confused)? and does anyone have any experience with something like this?

your thoughts?
I've never done just an insert, but I would expect to pay between $300 and $500 with labor if it were me. I had katzkin leather installed for the front and back seats in my '04 for $1200. They'd have to take the whole seat apart to get at that one piece, so labor would add up a little. You MIGHT have to provide your own leather strip there as some shops might just sell the full kits.

·
Registered
810 Posts
i would go to the shop with the most eperience, this is dificult in leather and vinyl seats becasue the original material has "pecker holes " from the original stiches. this causes the person sewing the seat back up to have to eaither hit the holes perfectly or come in a little and overlap, which is ok but can sometimes cause the cover to fit too tight. this is why i say go to the person with the most eperience for the best results. if i were doing just the two front buckets with a yard of medium grade leather any color i would charge probaly around 400 - 500 dollars. thats if the main seam around the edge of the seat isnt double reinforced, if it is then you would have to replace all those panels of the cover and replacement factory leather is like 10 bucks a square inch ! so it would be cheaper to do your whole seat in new leather.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey Lonnie Bill Dunn (Overhaulin) in HB did my headliner and sun roof. They are really good. They are just down the street from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.