DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I had someone adjust the valves on my 1995 diesel truck about 2 months ago and my gaskets are leaking now and very badly. I had this job done in Canada when my wife and I were visiting friends. Its about 200 miles up there. They say they put new gaskets in. I removed two of the gaskets and they are made of rubber and you can tell by all the oil under the gasket that they were leaking. Now, I would like to put new gaskets on but what are the best ones to put on? Can anybody help. :help:

· Registered
2,425 Posts
I would check by your nearest Cummins or Freightliner dealer and use genuine Cummins gaskets.
Wipe down the mating surfaces with clean rags and do a final swipe with a rag dipped in lacquer thinner then install your gaskets

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the gaskets of the cover today to get a better look at them. There were two that had a 1/2 inch cracks in them. There were two others that were leaking but I could not find any cracks in them. I changed 4 with OEM gaskets from Dodge and they seam fine now. It was just weird that they would put new gaskets on and only in about 2 months they were bad. Unless they charged me for new gaskets and did not put new ones on.
Well, anyway thank you for the help.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
If they're pretty expensive, you can send them back to Canada and ask for replacements then turn in the replacements for reimbursment where you bought new ones.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to send the bad ones back to the person who worked on my truck and see if he will give me my money back I had to spend for new gaskets. We will see what kind of a business person he is.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Good, we'll see if he's hot soup or cold taters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.