DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one own a 3500 8' bed dually 4x4 diesel. that has launch shutter? Can it be fixed? I own a 2005 and Dodge is buying it back and replacing it with another 2005 that also has launch shutter, not as bad as the first truck.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Do you have the NV5600 or the G56 transmission ?
Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 04' dodge ram 3500 dually 4x4...it also shutters when i launch off. I also drove several other trucks exactly like mine before i bought the one i currently own and they all did the same thing.

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
You mean "launch shudder" I think.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
LOL, its called turbo lag boys and it will be the same on all CTD's. Spool up the turbo to about 1800 RPM then release the brake and see what happens. Don't take it over 1800 or it will de-fuel and actually launch even slower

·
Banned
505 Posts
It's not turbo lag. The trucks have a shutter problem, it has to do with the angle of the driveline/driveshafts. There is a service bulletin for this, but I don't know how new of a truck it includes. We have an 03 here at work and the TSB specifically explained how to measure the shaft angles and shim the carrier bearing bracket accordingly. In the end, we shimmed the carrier down 10mm. The shutter got better, but now the thing eats u joints like there's no tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.